+4

S E X is the saving grace that holds couples together... Hopefully, at least once a month...

Image for post **S E X is the saving grace that holds couples together...** //Hopefully, at least once a month...//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 42

There is a lot more to staying together than sex. Respect, love, friendship, commitment. People can have great sex but if they don't respect one another, then that soon doesn't matter.

@StarzAbove I agree 100%.

Pls see my reply to Tiffanee. I'd like to know what you think.

@Sukiesnow Pls see my reply to Tiffanee. I'd like to know what you think.

I've never needed a therapist to tell me how to keep my marriage alive, I just do what comes naturally and I've had a long and happy marriage. It's not perfect, no marriage is, but we've made it work.

@2453234

Sooooo...sex...at least once a month? I've had men tell me they practically had to beg for sex...

Now if you've got let's see...what did Starz say..."Respect, love, friendship and commitment..."...surely sex will happen at least once a month...

@2453314

You'd be unsurprised to find how may couples are like that.

@2453336

But you can't see your dr. They know less than you do and when the sex topic comes up...they can become really really uncomfortable....

There could be more Sex Therapists around...but otherwise...how would you advocate a simple couple...married for 5 years...get some options of what to do to power on a sexual relationship. And remember...you can't force a horse to drink...but if the interest isn't there (sex) that doesn't mean the relationship should be over...like snap!...

There are just so many ideas and avenues these days for exploring sex...I don't know how many ppl have the tenacity and enthusiasm...(and it does take a LOT of enthusiasm) to keep on...and Keep on...exploring whatever makes one tick...

@2453108

Yes. People need something to fight about...

@2453156

I hear that for men it's an energy release...rather than taking tranquilizers...hey...lets' have sex!

@2453320

Women are receptacles after all...it's easier than doing most of the work... :)

@2453332

Not coming from me personally ha ha...but the average couple being married for let's say over 10 years...ingenuity and choices are called for...:)

A man needs feminine companionship. If a woman doesn't know how to take care of her man, the sex is more work than it's worth. Some women won't give a man companionship at all, but they will give him sex. That's why a lot of men think sex is all there is. That doesn't work, and they never figure out what's wrong.

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree +2Reply
@SmartAZ A man needs feminine companionship. If a woman doesn't know how to take care of her man, the sex is more work than...

Yes..that's what it boils down too...but other emotions need to be in place.

What's wrong with just "giving someone sex" once in a while? Just once in a while.

@2453125

So...once a month...would work for you?

@2453319

hehe smilie As long as it does once a month...on a Saturday night...maybe it's your birthday...or does that call for seconds?

@2453202

A good divorce settlement is held together by love. A marriage is held together love and SEX...

So your advocating a marriage without SEX?

C'mon DWF...you rarely ever do a back and forth with someone...let's hear what you think...

@2453418

Sure! If 2 ppl agree to a non-physical relationship...hurray...but let's say that after about 1 year...that commitment might have to be looked at...and revalued...

Verbal agreements can be more fluid than written ones...emotional agreements can easily change...there has GOT to be a better answer...but in some cases it could be up to the individuals involved...

Age is a factor...at some age ...some pple just want companionship...wonderful...

But at most ages...the non-physical agreement might take a hit....

@2453366

The 8th Wonder of the World.

@2453325

hehe smilie One of a kind...

@2453196

So you live for at least once a month? Surely that's not too much to ask for if all the other elements are in place.

@2453471

An active sex life is meaningless if you hear - let's say - someone is dying of cancer.

But complete lack of sex is always an invisible factor that can't be ignored...which might account for the reason that ppl divorce after being married for 30 years.

Anonymous