+19

The Earth is more spherical than flat, amirite?

Do you think the Earth is more spherical than flat? Click agree.

If you think the Earth is more flat than spherical, click disagree.

The Flat Earth SocietyWelcome to The Flat Earth Society, home of the flat earth forums and the largest library of Flat Earth Society journals, newsletters, interviews, and books.http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/Image for post The Earth is more spherical than flat, amirite?
vegans avatar Religion
2 26
The voters have decided that vegan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

While the Earth is not a perfect sphere, I think it is safe to say the Earth is more spherical than flat.

The photographs from space, gravity and rotations of the Earth causing the Earth to become spherical, the shadow the Earth casts over the moon, other planets and the moon being spherical in shape, and finally Greek ships appearing to sink as they move away from port.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +2Reply

A fairly round(ish) rock, two thirds of which is under water.

facemans avatar faceman Yeah You Are +1Reply

I can't find a flat place big enough to set a chair on!

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2454253

If the Earth is flat, global climate change is most likely false.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2454260

I beg to differ.

"Many details about climate interactions are not well understood, and there are ample grounds for continued research to provide a better basis for understanding climate dynamics. The question of what to do about climate change is also still open. But there is a scientific consensus on the reality of anthropogenic climate change. Climate scientists have repeatedly tried to make this clear. It is time for the rest of us to listen."

http://science.sciencemag.org/c...5702/1686.full

@2454264

We don't know that, maybe China and India would be shamed into more ego-friendly measures.

@2454293

Sitting on our hands is not going to solve the problem.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2454253

I can't really agree or not . It makes no sense that the astronauts and satellites tell us it is round if it isn't. Look up the moon is round the earth shades the moon sometimes and that shadow is round as well.

It depends if you live in Kansas or not.

It's as flat as your head.

The Greeks noticed that the sun shined straight down a well at noon, but another well caught the rays at an angle. They thought the planet was round and calculated the diameter from that. The Chinese noticed the same effect but they thought the planet was flat and they calculated the altitude of the sun.

In fact, you can't find a flat place big enough to set a chair on.

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Yeah You Are 0Reply

95% agreed. That means 5% did not agree. Who are these idiots?

@ZeddTheChibiGuru 95% agreed. That means 5% did not agree. Who are these idiots?

Isn't it a bible thing saying the earth is flat? I think I heard that, maybe some are so brainwashed they can't understand the bible was written by a very uneducated lot in the distant past. They only knew what they could see and that wasn't much because they were in the middle east they have no ocean they had no education. Jesus was a priest not a scientist, the people who wrote then re-wrote the bible put what they thought was true into each new edition. .

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Isn't it a bible thing saying the earth is flat? I think I heard that, maybe some are so brainwashed they can't...

There is also a small but busy fringe of conspiracy nuts who claim that the "Globe Earth" is a big deception being run by the Evil People Who Secretly Rule the World (the usual suspects...). NASA is supposedly a front for the NWO or whatever. You could go to YouTube and search "flat earth" but I really don't recommend that you do.

Isa 40:22 refers to the "circle of the earth", and the word chug which is rendered circle, can also be rendered sphere, according to reference books. There is the scripture which refers to the "four corners of the earth" but that is just a figure of speech. Every language has idioms and figurative language. Imagine if I wrote down the sentence: "I hope you shake a leg" if I want someone to hurry, and then thousands of years later someone finds my note and tries to decipher what I meant?

The sun and the other 8 planets are spheres the end.