SmartAZs avatar
4 11

Ja. Mein Luftkissenboot ist voller Aale.

No thanks...i'm cutting back..

I don't speak German but due to my familys' European upbringing I can get some of it...

Well, I know enough German to have known that you spelled some words wrong in the question. :)

No, although I remember a lot of words and phrases of the language, I can't claim to have ever even remotely mastered speaking or always understanding it very well. I've been told that I had some of the polite greetings down pretty well though, between the ages of 2 and 4.

@Piper2 Well, I know enough German to have known that you spelled some words wrong in the question. :) No, although I...

I had one year of German 20 years ago. I was quite surprised to discover that I still have the cassettes from that class. I never owned a cassette player to listen to them.

@SmartAZ I had one year of German 20 years ago. I was quite surprised to discover that I still have the cassettes from that...

I had 2 years of German in junior high school, the second time I lived there. Our teacher wasn't very good, because Herr ____ got way too frustrated with us kids over not getting the sound of words just right, as opposed to our just learning them first.
I learned a lot more from our German landlady, and a friend.

no i don't speak Deutch

Ja, freilich.

BTW, if you meant to ask, "Do you speak German?", you should have written, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" or "Sprichst Du Deutsch?".
"Sprachen sie Deut(s)ch?" means, "did they speak German?".

Anonymous