Kids turn violent as parents battle ‘digital heroin’ addiction. Could gaming be as addictive as heroin?

[NYPost] Over 200 peer-reviewed studies correlate excessive screen usage with a whole host of clinical disorders, including addiction. Recent brain-imaging research confirms that glowing screens affect the brain’s frontal cortex — which controls executive functioning, including impulse control — in exactly the same way that drugs like cocaine and heroin do. Thanks to research from the US military, we also know that screens and video games can literally affect the brain like digital morphine. In a series of clinical experiments, a video game called “Snow World” served as an effective pain killer for burned military combat victims, who would normally be given large doses of morphine during their painful daily wound care. While the burn patient played the seemingly innocuous virtual reality game “Snow World” — where the player attempts to throw snowballs at cartoon penguins as they bounce around to Paul Simon music — they felt no pain. “I was for sure feeling less pain than I was with the morphine.”

Kids turn violent as parents battle ‘digital heroin’ addictionOn August 28, The Post published a piece by Dr. Nicholas Kardaras,“The Frightening Effects of Digital Heroin,” that was based on his book “Glow Kids.” In it, he argued that young children exposed t…http://nypost.com/2016/12/17/kids-turn-violent-as-parents-battle-digital-heroin-addiction/
58% Yes 33% No 8% Other
Mazes avatar People & Celebrities
3 2

I've never been addicted to heroin or any other opiate, but I do know glowing rectangular screens can be very addictive.

Games can be addictive, I could say that I'm a bit addicted to them but that "games make kids violent" is BS, at worst this is a time waster that keeps you from being productive.