So life deals you a bad hand, do you fold? Or bluff and go all in?

Question

Carlas avatar Life
12 38
@2455557

I had to put my sweet little boxer to sleep. I tried to go all in with him and would have done anything to save him. I finally had to fold my hand. I've had a hard time coping with it. I will eventually be ready to play again.

@BarbOBarr I had to put my sweet little boxer to sleep. I tried to go all in with him and would have done anything to save...

Barb - My heart is breaking for you. I know the pain you are feeling. Treasure the memories. l smilie

@Budwick Barb - My heart is breaking for you. I know the pain you are feeling. Treasure the memories.

Thank you. I can't believe a little guy like that, could leave such a huge hole in our lives.

@BarbOBarr Thank you. I can't believe a little guy like that, could leave such a huge hole in our lives.

Barb, I am offering this suggestion with nothing but love and respect for your lost friend.

Respect and honor his memory and heal your broken heart - go to your local animal shelter ASAP and bring home a new friend to love and to love you. I promise Barb - it's a good thing.

Your boxer boy will always have a special place in your heart. Memories of him will bring a smile to your face, missing him will make you sad. But I'm not kidding Barb, a new dog for the holidays is just what the doctor ordered.

@Budwick Barb, I am offering this suggestion with nothing but love and respect for your lost friend. Respect and honor his...

I agree! We have a Katrina rescue, he is twelve and still acts like a puppy! I'm so thankful to still have him. My husband is still so broken up over losing Cassius Clay, we will wait until he heals from it. I always either get rescues or pound pups. You can bet in our future there will be another wiggling, wet nosed bundle in our home. I will never be without a dog. Thank you for your kind words. I know you are a dog lover too!!!

After a certain point the card hand analogy doesn't make sense to me. None of us were dealt an ideal hand. I just played the hand I was dealt to the best of my ability. I don't understand how once could bluff your way through 28 years of marriage, or 30+ years of a career.

@PhilboydStudge After a certain point the card hand analogy doesn't make sense to me. None of us were dealt an ideal hand. I just...

But...you have had a rough nite, you are tired and not feeling well, but u have to go to work. Do all of your co workers know ofbyour rough nite? Or do you pull the day off without a hitch?

@Carla But...you have had a rough nite, you are tired and not feeling well, but u have to go to work. Do all of your co...

Aha. When I hear that life has dealt someone a bad hand, I'm thinking more along the lines of the person had no father and a crack addict mother. beye smilie

@2455383

Some situations are bigger than that. Take this new president thing, i have read that you dont like it...at all. Neither do i. But there is no changing or rejecting it. There are many rotten things in life you can walk away from, but some walk with you.

@2455402

Not letting shit get to you is the bluff, getting on with it is the all in

@2455383

I agree. I refuse to let it control me. I've had an extremely rough year, however next year will be better.

What really is...it's about the situation...

@2455522

Replied twice to this, didnt take either time. Third times should be the charm......squeeze out every second of this life thing as you can. Eat good food, do good work, get good sleep, make people grin and think, smoke good weed and have great sex. Look your dogs in their eyes all that should wake you up.

I deal with it, the best way I can.

To you as well

Go all in.

For me, life is an all in proposition!

Folding equals giving up. Not an option IMO.

Bluffing typically involves attempts at making someone believe something that is not true by virtue of displaying false confidence in their position. That is lying. I personally value honesty and clarity. Bluffing is not an option either.

That leaves - All In! Feet first plunge into reality!

Drink a cup of coffee and get on with it..

lifes a gamble....keep on playing

I fold.

Please ย  login ย  or signup ย  to leave a comment.