+8

Anyone can have a fireplace these days... What else can anyone have these days...which used to be a high-ticket item years ago?

Image for post **Anyone can have a fireplace these days...** //What else can anyone have these days...which used to be a high-ticket item years ago?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 42

Cell phones for sure and home computers. My first computer i bought as a gift to my mother in the early ninties. It was well over two grand! Her last laptop cost under five hundred. I had a company car in 1987. Had a car phone. No idea what the phone cost, but the bill was over a grand a month...ouch

Diamonds. There are so many diamonds that they have no resale value.

Leather jackets...

Color TV.... from what it was like when I was a kid.

no not everyone is free to have a fireplace, Quebecers aren;t allowed

@Anonymousmouse no not everyone is free to have a fireplace, Quebecers aren;t allowed

Out of curiosity, why are you not allowed a fireplace? Can you have a woodstove?

@Carla Out of curiosity, why are you not allowed a fireplace? Can you have a woodstove?

I think sh9683 may have been referring to Montreal.

By 2020, Montreal hopes to cease all wood-burning fireplaces with in the city limits...due to the fact of increased incidences of death in the case of infants and the elderly, which is due to fine particle air pollution.

@Sukiesnow I think sh9683 may have been referring to Montreal. By 2020, Montreal hopes to cease all wood-burning fireplaces...

I just googled it. And in rural areas burning wood is preferable. In congested areas the fine particles can be harmful. Just like you said. Never knew. They do have stricter regulations on stoves but appently not enough

@Sukiesnow Why is burning wood preferable in rural areas...do you know? I never knew, either.

Well...50 percent of electric heat is produce by coal burning power plants. Thats bad for the environment. And even though wood puts off smoke into the air, the environmental effects on drilling for fossil fuels is more damaging

I mean/meant...one of those new gas/electric fireplaces that are out now...so amazing...

@Sukiesnow I mean/meant...one of those new gas/electric fireplaces that are out now...so amazing...

no use to a firepit if they are gas/electric. as they are not real, haha

@Anonymousmouse no use to a firepit if they are gas/electric. as they are not real, haha

Oh hey...Who has a lawn, living in town, which is big enough for a fire pit...

No...we're talking about primarily Gas fireplaces...lovely...why get anything real indoors...which you only can be bothered to use 2x a year...all that splitting of wood...being bugged by people to set up the fireplace...the cleaning....

It levels the playing field just one other soupçon...

@Sukiesnow Oh hey...Who has a lawn, living in town, which is big enough for a fire pit... No...we're talking about primarily...

I have a woodstove inserted into my fireplace. It heats about 80% of the house. When its really bitter the prooane furnace kicks on. Split and delivered firewood is considerably more affordable then gas or oil

I have one, and we use it often, my families cabin we only use firepit to heat up the place in winter

@beachbum Why not?

@Sukiesnow Merry Christmas!

I'm at my son's for Christmas, and today we have celebrated his birthday. Having a son born this time of year has made the Christmas story even more special - even after all these years.

Hope you have a blessed Christmas with family and friends. Merry Christmas.

yep, can;t heat house with oil kills people, can;t heat house with fire kills people, can produce oil kills, people, when these morons realize they cannot create or maintaint their "green" energy sources without oil, their will be many news stories of people FREEZING to death literally. because they banned any and all ways of producing heat that keeps us alive in -40 weather

@Anonymousmouse yep, can;t heat house with oil kills people, can;t heat house with fire kills people, can produce oil kills...

Better figure it out. Someday, (you and i will lokely be gone) the oil will run out. The sun, water and wind are neverending resourses. Harness those and stay warm forever.

@2467203

Hookers hooking?

@2467333

I played along...:)

When I think of hookers hooking I think of them hitchhiking...and I also think of that song of the days of Christmas: 4 Hookers Hooking...3 Maidens Dancing...and a partridge in a pear tree...

@2467343

I think it has to do with making rugs...with hooks. :)