+13

It's easier to say "that's not true" then it is to accept evidence that goes against your deeply held beliefs.

VicZincs avatar
8 16

Agreed. Sometimes one finds it easier to change the facts than changing their own mind.

@2457199

y smilie

I've been called that before and blocked because I didn't agree. lol

Heck I down raved a comment because it was nasty, and the person blocked me. lol Go figure.

@2457243

hahaha We have to be very careful around here, or change our ways. lol

I wish the left could learn this lesson and come out of hiding following the election.

I wish especially that Christmas nay-sayers could open their eyes wide enough to witness the marvelous Creation God has given them - A Creation that only God could make.

Romans 1:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Exactly, especially with the Trump supporters.

But that's because beliefs and evidence are two different things... Beliefs are held by faith... Compared to faith...evidence is nothing.

I agree that its easier. But i loved to be proven wrong, it gives me a whole new vantage point.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

I have to disagree as it respects opinions. It's a heckuva lot easier to review the facts and form a new opinion based on them than it is to recover your credibility after making an arse of yourself by spouting falsehoods.

That's my take on this concept as it relates to 'opinions,' and we know there are lots of opinions.

But you used the word 'beliefs.' That's a whole other animal altogether. A 'belief' is something often held despite evidence or the lack thereof. Believers often don't want to be convinced, ease is rarely a factor. imo

It's something more basic than cherished beliefs. A person needs to learn the concept of "I don't know." For example, if you tell a little boy something new, he will not say "I didn't know that," he will say "No it's not." He hasn't yet learned to cope with something he didn't know. Even at my age, I had to be reminded once that I was speaking of something I didn't know about. I'm older'n dirt.

Easier to say I didn't know that. Then go look it up.