What can you say or do so people don't sit next to you on the subway... There are seats empty everywhere...yet this person chooses to sit next to me!

There are empty seats everywhere...yet someone decides to sit next to me...obviously I'm not giving the right fuck-off signals...what else can one do?

Image for post **What can you say or do so people don't sit next to you on the subway...** //There are seats empty everywhere...yet this person chooses to sit next to me!//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
10 26

Tell them that you have bubonic plague?

Never been on a subway. But, i reckon if it was a problem, i would start coughing my head off.

I've seen people in planes avoid anyone sitting next to them by talking to themselves and if that doesn't work... just pretend you have bugs crawling on you... and yell eww they're on me and start slapping yourself... you'll have the whole carriage to yourself in no time :)

@2457191

I can't do that on command... Can you?

Put some personal belonging on the seat next to you when someone is coming onto the bus.

@Sukiesnow I try not to do that...feel it's impolite...

That's the reason I love Canadians. You folks tend to be so damn thoughtful!

May I suggest you do some role-playing. Just ask yourself, what would a New Yorker do, and then do that... regardless of how wrong it may feel. jolly smilie

I'm only kidding. The world needs more Canadians.

Show them you're nuts?

@Cantstop Show them you're nuts?

Start picking at imaginary things in the air? Banging my head against the window?

I think Platinum pretty much nailed it on this question.

Oh I don't mind if someone sits next to me but they are gonna have to put up with being annoying as hell.

I always tell them I'm saving that seat for my husband. It takes them awhile to figure out the train is moving. Then who cares???

ut uh! No thanks.

@YoAdrienne ut uh! No thanks.

You can't say just no thanks. Ha. I wish.

Btw...when you post questions can you cut down on their length? Just askin. People can only read so much...

If you need to add to your post...do it in your Explanation ....but count on ppl not reading all of it...thx.