+13

Let me put this out there. I know y'all have been doing this for a long time. And i am sure that some even know each other personally. But really....do the majority of the members really have enough information to hurt each other? Does it matter who says what about who? I joined to enjoy maybe a lively debate and to hear what others outside my circle have on their minds. And its cool to hear what people from different cultures and age groups have on their minds. Is it just me, or is some of this stuff taken too seriously?

Image for post Let me put this out there. I know y'all have been doing this for a long time. And i am sure that some even know each other personally. But really....do the majority of the members really have enough information to hurt each other? Does it matter who says what about who? I joined to enjoy maybe a lively debate and to hear what others outside my circle have on their minds. And its cool to hear what people from different cultures and age groups have on their minds. Is it just me, or is some of this stuff taken too seriously?
Carlas avatar Internet & Apps
11 46
This comment was deleted.
@2457402

Thank you for making it bit more clear. And i do feel badly for anyone who sees this as a lifestyle.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +8Reply
@2457408

Im not sure who "they" are or how or why they would do that. Its my post and our replies to one another. Seems a bit loke censorship

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply
@2457402

I know I spend too much time on here. Most times it's fun...and it can get addictive...

Is that so wrong?

@Marianne Certainly not - .

Thank you Marianne. I've got a lot to do...it just seems easier to be on the computer... I don't know...!

@2458119

The thing is Marianne is too good, such a saint... The only person who even thought of blocking Marianne got sent straight to hell...

Not the best reality check in the world but thank you...lol...

@2458126

I believe you! And it's good to hear a different, clear opinion!

And some things need to be said....

@Sukiesnow The thing is Marianne is too good, such a saint... The only person who even thought of blocking Marianne...

Lol - thank you Sukiesnow - wow - I am quite conscious that I am not a saint and far from "perfect".

Actually, several people blocked me on SH; and I don't think that they went to hell. hmm smilie hehe smilie

Moving on was the best thing to do - anyway, I had other priorities.

Reality check? I'd say y smilie and clap smilie for you.

smile smilie hug smilie

@Sukiesnow Thank you Marianne. I've got a lot to do...it just seems easier to be on the computer... I don't know...!

Lol - a computer has many advantages and it makes writing, graphs, etc. much easier.

Don't worry, I appreciate also cross-words on-line, even if I don't have the time to do it often.

Oh my. I reckon there are nuts EVERYWHERE! I didnt realize how over involved some might become. Well....maybe i do. Thats why i resist posting photos of myself, my critters, etc. I hope the above post offended no one. Just wanted to put it out there

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +7Reply
@2457461

How f***ing horrible. That would keep me off any site. But maybe you're on in spite of that. It seems as tho you were not broken. Strength is a true asset.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2457474

I cant pretend to know how you deal with that. I have know someone else who was assaulted in the cruelist of ways, and left with an unimaginable decision. But still could only sympathize. Scars are the stongest of skin, healed bones stronest at the break. I have to believe that if you understand that your whole self has been damaged, with that undetstanding , you can become stronger for ot.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

I for one have never met anyone on this site. I don't communicate with any of them - other than an occasional PM to emphasize a point, nake the other aware of a post, etc.

I don't think anyone knows that much about anyone else here. I think we kind of get to know one another over time, reading each others posts and comments.

Of course it matters what we say about each other - and of course the purpose of an opinion site is to share what we think about things.

@2457416

I reckon you cant tell what you dont know. I would be hard pressed to give out pics, exact location, phone number, etc. I said in a post that i am loud and proud, and am. If i put it out there, anyone can use it anyway they wish

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Some take this site too seriously, and when they dislike someone they do every thing in their power to seek revenge and make their presence on this site miserable. They stalk, harass, lie about someone, and we still have a few miserable people on this site that continue with their crap just about every day. Even making posts aimed at the one they hate or are jealous of. Even dissing those that are on the HOF board, accusing them of being there for attention. Pathetic and immature and they have no life at all, except on Amirite.

@2457421

I simply cannot be insulted easily. Certainly not by those whom i do not know. I only hope that my replies give someone with conflicting ideals a different perspective. I do not presume i coukd change anyones mind, just open it a crack

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +8Reply

People have built up enough relationships and knowledge about each other...sure, it's enough to cause disagreements and arguments. That's part of life. Life can get messy.

But it's important to be mature about what happens; to try not to take comments personally...and to have fun. At the end it all balances out.

The best group, clan, association, organisation or community has its "black sheep". Education, knowledge, aptitudes, convictions, interests, talents, experiences, aims, needs, inner life, environment, situation and mentalities can differ very much from one person to the other.

Even in everyday life, the most familiar persons - especially those taken for granted - can show suddenly unknown facettes or have unexpected reactions.
So, how can we know about the feelings, intentions and the emotional backgrounds of recent and less recent acquaintances and contacts whom we never saw in person? Also virtual friendships need time to evolve and regular dialogues and shares.

On the other hand, there will always be some ill-intentioned persons and groups sowing discord among friends and groups and trying to divide them.

No Carla, it is not you, there are things which should be taken seriously - like systematic mobbing - while accidents, misunderstandings, jokes (not too foul ones) or errors should be treated as such - not too seriously.

Mutual respect, kindness, understanding and learning from each other are the best bases for on-line friendships.

And we got a large group of nice people here.

The thing is, a spoken word only lasts a moment, and it's possible to let it go by and pretend it doesn't matter. But the printed word does not go away, it sits there in your face and gets worse and worse. It takes major discipline to ignore even a minor offense.

Okay....now...half of this post got deleted...What happened to G Slats?

May I wish all of you a very happy and blessed Christmas time - even if it is not so religious as most think? We can still spread the spirit of friendship and hope.