+12

Trump took over his father’s business, and he inherited at least millions when his father died. So how hard do you laugh when his worshipers gush at how smart he must be because he is rich?

Mcflys avatar Politics
4 27

You need to work on some math skills. If your parents gave you $1,000 can you turn it into $5,000,000? You do realize that a billion dollars is one thousand million, right? That means he has increased what he was given by a thousand times. Have you even doubled what you were given?

@2457583

Sadly, that true, and some of the posts on here, by some people, reflect that.

Donald Trump did surely get a lot of help from his very wealthy father. Not just those "small" loans of millions, but also from his father's connections with other powerful people.
I think that is just fine, except for his claims that he is such a great "business man", (THE BEST EVER) just because he has had success in some of his enterprises.

@Piper2 Donald Trump did surely get a lot of help from his very wealthy father. Not just those "small" loans of...

Yeah, how dare he cite his long success in business as grounds for being a great business man!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@Budwick Yeah, how dare he cite his long success in business as grounds for being a great business man!

I do not begrudge him his successes in business. From what I've read though, he is not that great of a "business man".

@Piper2 I do not begrudge him his successes in business. From what I've read though, he is not that great of a...

Whoa Piper! You're gonna get dizzy talking in circles like that!

Maybe you can define what you mean by ;
"successes in business"
and
"not that great"

Then, if you understand what you're trying to say, you might have a better shot of explaining it to the rest of us!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Whoa Piper! You're gonna get dizzy talking in circles like that! Maybe you can define what you mean by...

Thank you for your concern.

In spite of the very substantial help Trump received from his wealthy father over the years, he still managed to screw up many of his business enterprises.
He IS very good at bluster and self-promotion, no doubt, and getting out of his failures without much harm to himself. If YOU think that makes him a great business man, it's no concern of mine. I don't....

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08...16-486091.html

@Piper2 Thank you for your concern. In spite of the very substantial help Trump received from his wealthy father...

So, you can't or won't define
"successes in business"
and
"not that great"

Well, as you said - it's no concern of yours - so why bother to back up your claim.

Oh wait - you did link to an article by Newsweek magazine. Interesting - would you consider Newsweek a success Piper? Even though they no longer publish a magazine?

Ahh, never mind - I know you get frustrated after being challenged and I will be summarily dismissed.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick So, you can't or won't define "successes in business" and "not that great" Well, as you said - it's no concern of...

He has had and does have several successful business enterprises, and I never said otherwise.

There are numerous articles about his long history of failed business enterprises, due to his own bad judgement and decisions.

I'm not remotely "frustrated", Budwick. My opinion that Trump is not that great of a businessman, is shared by many far more savvy than I about business enterprises. He has had far more "help" than many other successful // businessmen, but has often screwed up royally. His managing to come out of it somewhat //on top, has involved screwing over those he convinced to have confidence in his endeavors, and not paying their loans back in full. It has also involved him not paying the contractors who did work for him.

I don't give a flying fig whether or not YOU think that makes him a great businessman.

@Piper2 He has had and does have several successful business enterprises, and I never said otherwise. There are...

I was never defending Trump as a good or bad business person. I was pointing out your goofy logic.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@2457776

I'm not jealous, hun. Especially since I got where I got through my work and my work only. I'm happy for that :D

I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the right.

Seem like I touched a nerve with someone haha

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree -1Reply

I laugh every time I hear Trump say all he got from his Dad was a million dollars to start. I wish I could have given my sons a million.....and they wouldn't have squandered it away. Trump brags about what he's done, but he never admits how many times he went bankrupt. And that's why he won't show his tax returns, he doesn't want people to know just how bad a business man he really is.

I came up with another analogy. If a small farmer left 100 acres to each of his sons, and one son sold his for $100,000 , while the other son built his 100 acre farm into a 100,000 acres worth $100,000,000 then who was more successful? You don't build something like that from being stupid.

You only think about Trump and conservatives. That's all you ever talk about as far as I can tell.

that's like the most base thing ever like "he's gotta be smart he's rich" Yes just like the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears all geniuses right?

@TomboyJanet that's like the most base thing ever like "he's gotta be smart he's rich" Yes just like the Kardashians, Paris...

More 'base' than voting for lying, corrupt Hillary? KNOWING how corrupt and deceitful she is?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply

Like sheep they follow him haha