Has anyone ever eaten "figgy pudding" and what the heck is it?

I keep hearing the song..."Bring me some figgy pudding" and who eats it? Sounds gross.

Image for post Has anyone ever eaten "figgy pudding" and what the heck is it?
StarzAboves avatar Law
12 27
@2458065

hehe smiliehehe smilie

Merry Christmas Will!

@2458567

Thanks Will, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Don't know about you, but I'm glad it's over. I was exhausted last night. lol

It's probably like the Christmas plum pudding that my mother used to make. It was heavy, dark, spicy, lots of fruit, and nuts. She made a rum sauce that went on top of it. It was really good. She'd put a dime in it, and whoever got the dime was supposed to have good luck.

@BarbOBarr It sounds wonderful. I hope you got your moms recipe.

I've got it somewhere. It was good. She cooked the pudding in those old metal coffee cans. When she served it, she'd pour a bit of rum on top and then light it. Was pretty neat. Great memory - hadn't thought about it in years - thanks!

Hope you have a blessed Christmas.

I'm pretty sure that figs are involved.

Never heard of it..

@DandyDon Never heard of it..

It's in a song. lol <iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>