+2

You pay meticulous attention to proper punctuation and sentence structure, enough to revise a comment or delete/redo a post. Amirite?

If you want people to read what you write it's a good idea to pay attention to your punctuation and grammar...we've got lots of help with spell-check these days...really...is there any point in being sloppy?

Image for post You pay meticulous attention to proper punctuation and sentence structure, enough to revise a comment or delete/redo a post.  Amirite?
Sukiesnows avatar Language
8 17
The voters have decided that Sukiesnow is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2458044

Maybe it's my poor typing... I make a lot of mistakes as I type.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply

I hardly ever redo my comments, but if I see a typo I will correct it if possible.

I am really bad. I am generally thinking and typing at the same time, i get sloppy, i try and catch it as i go. But, as you might have noticed i hit the the conversation bubble, and...too late

@2458163

Hahaha. Power of those damned words

I'm constantly revising comments...and will delete/redo posts if necessary... What I choose to present is a reflection of me...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply

I am only meticulous when I am writing to a judge. Any other time, it's not terribly important to be perfect. I only go after mistakes when I have seen them be grammar snobs themselves. Everyone makes mistakes and shouldn't be calling others over such tiny mistakes.

@ozzyboy I am only meticulous when I am writing to a judge. Any other time, it's not terribly important to be perfect. I...

This post wasn't meant to be about being a grammar snob, although maybe for some people...

It might be that some people do like to express themselves clearly...that is something to be admired...not shunned. Esp when I'm in a hurry...I find my writing can get disorganized... even sloppy...

Also, if I'm really trying to understand what someone is saying...it doesn't help if they write like an eighth grader.

Otherwise...if we are psychoanalyzing this...it could be that: we make enough mistakes in life. This is one area we can control them. :)

The upshot? Just like being smart...writing well is cool.

Your pov?

@Sukiesnow This post wasn't meant to be about being a grammar snob, although maybe for some people... It might be that some...

Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff. I'm more interested in what is being said than in how - especially on here. I'd rather be nice than be smart or at least smart enough to be appreciative of what someone is trying to tell me. Maybe I'm easier on this because I don't think I express myself very well and hope people will be tolerant in return.

think smilieThank you.

Oh honestly I could give two shits less about someone's grammar & punctuation. I don't get paid to be an editor especially on here. I sometimes write like I talk & I ain't bout to make any apologies for it. I see things but I don't point it out because it ain't a big deal to me. I always giggle & think " hmmm, they type like me.

If someone has an issue with how I right I suggest that they don't read it then biggrin smilie

@Lil_Princess Oh honestly I could give two shits less about someone's grammar & punctuation. I don't get paid to be an editor...

Once you get out of your "I don't give 2 shits" mood...aha... You might think that you really do want ppl to understand what you're talking about ...some of the time...anyway...:)