+4

One can transmit feelings online as effectively as in RL. Amirite?

Image for post **One can transmit feelings online as effectively as in RL.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 30

No. Face to face is the best way. Sometimes the written word is taken out of context.

@StarzAbove No. Face to face is the best way. Sometimes the written word is taken out of context.

Ppl can misunderstand whatcha sayin' in RL, too...

I think there are blocks in peoples' heads that causes that...:)

Getting excited for the Big day?

@Sukiesnow Ppl can misunderstand whatcha sayin' in RL, too... I think there are blocks in peoples' heads that causes...

I've been in the kitchen most of the morning preparing for tonight, and I'm wearing out. lol Tomorrow we'll be going away so it will be an easier day.

How about you? All ready for Santa?

@StarzAbove I've been in the kitchen most of the morning preparing for tonight, and I'm wearing out. lol Tomorrow we'll be...

I have a few things to do today...did my groceries early this week...even then the stores were horrendous...

We all get together at my sisters' ...everyone brings somethings along...

It'd be nice if it snowed tomorrow...

@Sukiesnow I have a few things to do today...did my groceries early this week...even then the stores were horrendous... We...

I went early yesterday to the grocery and it wasn't bad at all. We're expecting 52 degrees tomorrow, so no snow for us.

but they can transmit crazy more effectively. People take things more seriously when written down. They look at it and go wow that seems about right!

@TomboyJanet but they can transmit crazy more effectively. People take things more seriously when written down. They look at it...

Yes...I'll give you that... In RL, crazy can be demonstrated so much more effectively than online...just talking about the voices in my head..

Hilarious!

@2458453

Yeah! It takes more courage to say emotionally based views in RL...

@2458484

Only thing is; in RL I can sometimes start crying when everyone starts getting emotional.

Online I don't do that. I have time to gather and compose myself...

@2458492

Yes....ha...hurrah...no one sees what a wuss I can be... Which is what I want...since the crying jag interferes with my focus...who needs it...

I'd prefer to rein it in...note my vulnerable points...but still...focus on areas of contention...what the fuck am I saying anyway...ha... Ha ha...

@2458516

True...it might be just as well because sometimes I wonder at people's sympathy...is it true or is it faux?

I can believe people's sympathy if I've been there for one of their breakdowns; but if they've only been there for one of my meltdowns...who knows...how they really feel about it; maybe they are just saying all the right things...

Online, I don't always trust what people are saying is true... unless it's backed up over time...and exchanging experiences... That's the way I feel in RL, too.

It's nice that we're having this conversation.

I agree with Starz. Much of our communication happens non-verbally.

@PhilboydStudge I agree with Starz. Much of our communication happens non-verbally.

But...isn't most non-verbal communication mostly unclear in RL? That's how it seemed to me...nothing was ever accomplished until we started talking and that's the same thing as being Online....

Whereas when online...ppl aren't there to break your focus on what pissed you off you can think about how stupid you were...and begin to soften.

Example... In RL...you are angry with someone...therefore you don't speak to them... In RL how do you deal with that? Nothing...

So...the same situation online: you are angry with someone...therefore you don't email them. Still...after a day..the email is still there...full of unanswered questions...it's killing you...ha... Finally that "someone" emails you... Gladly you accept...and dialogue has begun...

In RL not-speaking can last for days...weeks...months...online...it can last too...but it's different; the cold shoulder is easier to break online...

Mostly arguments are not easy to settle either way...but I figure it helps to use a combination of both...:)

People, from my understanding, are less inhibited online.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +2Reply

One can. I can't.

@VicZinc One can. I can't.

Intriguing. Why can't you tell your feelings online as good as in RL?

You can only transmit cliches. "Moron" is the most commonly used cliche. At least in posts addressed to me.

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree +1Reply

One would think so..

@DandyDon One would think so..

You must have all next week off... Could get boring...ha. Oh, well there's always Amirite... Amirite?

Oh I have been told I can online & in text messages.

My favorite is always "stop rolling your eyes Kat"...WTF that is good...how they hell did they know I was.