+2

Let's try to not use "LOL" in the New Year. What other Acronyms or words do you feel may have run their course?

It's almost getting like a cliche... Instead, though,,,,what shall I use? "Ha ha ha"... maybe... "That was really entertaining." "I enjoyed that." They do sound more thoughtful...

Image for post Let's try to not use "LOL" in the New Year. What other Acronyms or words do you feel may have run their course?
Sukiesnows avatar Music
9 43
@2459369

And Seinfeld. He's obsessed with those two.

@2459278

I agree with you, again.

If you don't want to use it, great but I plan to use LOL, I like it and I will continue on with it.

@StarzAbove If you don't want to use it, great but I plan to use LOL, I like it and I will continue on with it.

Are there any other words you've gotten tired of...? Or ACROs...:)

Ha ha... See my comment below...

@2459334

Add the guy that uses those words all the time. lol

I just found out what it means!

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +6Reply

How about we not use the word Trump in 2017?

@2459546

I agreed with everyone...it seems silly... But really...what is it supposed to be used for?

I like lol cuz typing hahahaha takes too long

Do u get tired of ppl using abbrs 2 get a point across? I have a canned answer for them:

"f u cn rd ths u cn gt a btr jb & mo pa in cptr prgmng"

Why shouldn't I use LOL? I don't have an issue with it.

I say use whatever you want. I can't think of a acronyms that bothers me.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +2Reply

I hate when people say SJW it's actually not a good insult because it brings up images of a badass who kills dictators

Oh some people really over use that or use it in times where it just doesn't fit so it wouldn't hurt my feelings to never see it again.

@Lil_Princess Oh some people really over use that or use it in times where it just doesn't fit so it wouldn't hurt my feelings to...

ACROs and cliches make it so easy to sail through life without ever really expressing one's feelings...

@Sukiesnow ACROs and cliches make it so easy to sail through life without ever really expressing one's feelings...

They way I have been feeling lately if I really expressed my feelings I would either get smacked, fired, or banned from somewhere.hehe smilie

There are a lot of words that no longer have any meaning because they have been overused. Usually they were used to attempt to intimidate or demean someone because they had a different point of view. It didn't work.

I think it's important to have "words" like lol. We've reached a time when a lot of our communication is text based but we've still got the same old traits of communicating non-verbally. In other words, we're still used to communicating with gestures and tone of voice. Little things like lol or smiley faces help us translate those via text.

but i can't lol.

Skunkys avatar Skunky Disagree 0Reply

Kys

NE - nose exhale xD