Would You Have Reservations About Marrying Someone Who Has Been Married And Divorced Multiple Times Before You Came Into The Picture?

Image for post Would You Have Reservations About Marrying Someone Who Has Been Married And Divorced Multiple Times Before You Came Into The Picture?
Sir_Whatzs avatar People & Celebrities
8 28

Yes I would, in fact I wouldn't even date a guy that had been married and divorced a few times.

I would question rhetorically the high turn over of partners and wonder if I'd be a casualty in the same time frame as the others? So on that basis I wouldn't discount marriage but I wouldn't rush into it either.

@2459507

I've found the baggage usually comes from them not being able to cut ties with their ex, as in, they have kids, or the ex can't accept that it's over. A lot of people never get married but have a relationship that's the same. If i was going to have a relationship with someone again, I'd want them to appear as single as me... unless it was a polyamorous relationship and they already had a partner.

@2459657

And you've mentioned your boss... If he was poor...would he have gone through as many divorces?

@2459507

Not necessarily. I was married once, know why it ended, am okay with it, no regrets, no "if I had only"

@2459656

No. You Wait...reassess.. Wait some more. Wait some more... Then you might want to take another leap... You did it once...that was practice. The next time you'll be better at it...like any sport. ;)

Major reservations. It could happen just as easily with you.

Furthermore, someone who has been married and divorced multiple times should take time out and chill...for several years.

It's not something I would be comfortable with...

Example: so that happened with you and Wife No. 3? Oh...No. 2. Umm... So what about Wife No. 2? What caused that breakup?

What a nightmare.

Yes, I would shy away from such a person. I wouldn't want to become another chapter in a long, sad story.

I made the mistake of seriously dating a man that had been married multiple times. Five to be exact. I found out he did it to get whatever he could for himself and his two daughters. Unfortunately the girls were the same. I got the hell out when after the fifth date he wanted to see the deed to my house, and proposed. That group took me for a bundle.

@BarbOBarr I made the mistake of seriously dating a man that had been married multiple times. Five to be exact. I found out he...

Some of the same story here...

And they are so smooth...charming...nicely dressed...a cut above...they present well... Bastards!

As he was trying to sweep me off my feet I got the heck out.

I guess yes. I have trust issues. If I see that someone can't keep a relationship, that would make me ask if it could work between us.

But then I'm not in love now, so, not sure. For all I know, I might just trust that person enough to think it will work out.

We live in a throw away society. If it breaks, instead of repair we replace.

Yes. They must have reasons like character flaws, etc.

Big time!!!!

yes, if they can't stick it through with one person, or two why would it be any different with me.

Absolutely