+5

If you are the way you are...shouldn't you just accept the bad parts of yourself and carry on? So...you're doing something bad...how much of that should be about self-acceptance?

Image for post **If you are the way you are...shouldn't you just accept the bad parts of yourself and carry on?** //So...you're doing something bad...how much of that should be about self-acceptance?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 16

I accept the things that i was born with. Bad behavior, when ive been made aware, i try to correct. I think i can always improve

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2459796

Yes..that's what I meant. It's not like I'm part of a bank-robbery heist team...

Thanks Will.

If you disagree...and 33% have...I'd love to hear your views...

@2460135

Someone who is very bad...

Oh there are some bad parts of me I just cannot accept & move on. My brother did that & it is gonna cost him big time. I refuse to believe I can't change them.

@Sukiesnow I refuse to believe you have to...unless you want to... Ha!

Good point. For me I needed to change & not be an alcoholic. Having my doctor tell me if I didn't stop it was going to kill me just like it currently is my brother that being said really hit home.

Now there are some bad parts that I ain't gonna change such as drinking from the milk carton & picking single ice cubes without refilling the ice trays that's just who I am hehe smilie

@2469531

Is this an endorsement of acceptance? You get the job. :)

You can't bs yourself. No matter what you tell yourself or what slogans you memorize about how everyone is special, you'll think of yourself as special when you do something special. If you do otherwise, you're not healthy and well-balanced; you're a narcissist, disconnected from reality.

@Sukiesnow Sooooo...can you put this in other words? SA?

Acts 20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.