Alrighty Then, Let's Pose A Question Purely For The Purpose Of Speculation: If Obama HAD Been Eligible To Run For A Third Term, Would He Have Beat Trump In This Presidential Election?

Image for post Alrighty Then, Let's Pose A Question Purely For The Purpose Of Speculation: If Obama HAD Been Eligible To Run For A Third Term, Would He Have Beat Trump In This Presidential Election?
Sir_Whatzs avatar Politics
8 46

Yes, I think he could beat Trump, I thought Sanders could have beat Trump too.

Yup. The common reason I see around the internet is that between two evils, Trump was the bearable one. Those people that were on the line, for what I read, most wanted Obama in a third term.

@Sofia Yup. The common reason I see around the internet is that between two evils, Trump was the bearable one. Those...

My thinking too. If there was a reasonable alternative to Trump and Hillary, that person would have been elected.

Yes. He is going out with a higher approval rating, than any recent president.

@dru18 Yes. He is going out with a higher approval rating, than any recent president.

Same polling companies/groups that assured us Hillary was going to win. I don't trust any of the polls!

@dru18 That was the only time, and the only election that they got wrong.

Wrong --- some polling groups thought Romney would win in 2012 or at least be close.

@Seonag Wrong --- some polling groups thought Romney would win in 2012 or at least be close.

The polls had them neck to neck, with Obama in a slight lead. They were correct.

Real hope and change. Keep hoping. And as for change? Careful what you wish for. Obama would have most certainly won a third term. Many thousands of african american voters in the battle states, stayed home. But, we didnt have that choice. As for sanders......he likely would have pulled it out. No bengahzi inflammation or email scandal. Think he would have motivated more voters to turn out.

No. It's almost comical that he even said that considering what most people think of his policies. He was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Republican party.

Yes, 100%

Absolutely. The only folks that disagree are the ones that are.....well....you know....still thinking The Great Orange Lump actually gives a damn about them. Hell, now he's about to tell them THEY have to pay for the wall. What a bunch of idiots. SUCKERS.

@JPMatthews Absolutely. The only folks that disagree are the ones that are.....well....you know....still thinking The Great...

He'll never get that approved by both houses of Congress. The cost would be so astronomical and the very proposition itself will spend years in debate and litigation. He would be long out of office before it's construction and/or completion.

Trump embodies all that is wrong with the United States. The only "good" thing he did during this mockery of an election was to remind us that prejudice and hatred towards foreigners is alive and well in this country.

@Sir_Whatz He'll never get that approved by both houses of Congress. The cost would be so astronomical and the very...

This is all one big jerkoff session for the dumpster fire. I'm sure those tiny little hands do the job quite nicely.

Yeah I think so. And Bernie could've likely beaten Obama. More and more of the electorate like to vote for other people's money, so the more redistribution, the better, according to the have-nots.

Not a chance. Hillary wasn't offering anything new - only more of the same. The voters rejected her, Obama's policies and the democrat party big time.

The polls and Obama's approval ratings? Those same pollsters said Trump didn't stand a chance.

@Budwick Not a chance. Hillary wasn't offering anything new - only more of the same. The voters rejected her, Obama's...

I've always questioned the 'approval rating' polls, especially during this last year. Their accuracy seems to be 'lacking.'

@Seonag I've always questioned the 'approval rating' polls, especially during this last year. Their accuracy seems to be...

Not really. Hillary still won the popular vote, and she still came out as the one who most people would trust.

@dru18 Not really. Hillary still won the popular vote, and she still came out as the one who most people would trust.

Remove the LA, SF and NYC votes, and Hillary's 'popular vote' goes away. I'd love to see a full audit of those areas for eligibility to vote AND if the tallies are correct (as the fiasco of Detroit's machines/cast ballots fail to tally).

Not a chance.

@Sukiesnow Not a chance.

Why Sukie? Obama's approval ratings are in the high fifties, while Trump's were at 37% in November.

@dru18 Why Sukie? Obama's approval ratings are in the high fifties, while Trump's were at 37% in November.

From all the world worn weary compliments I've heard about Barry...this hits the top. Seriously, DD?

Oh...I would have loved it...compared to what you've now got...

Still...Trump pulled out the rug from everyone at the last minute...I don't know who was responsible for that...but what about Barry supporting Hill? That didn't come too much,,,riight? (I'm starting to sweat...politics can do that to me...ha)

@Sukiesnow From all the world worn weary compliments I've heard about Barry...this hits the top. Seriously, DD? Oh...I would...

Because Hillary came with too much baggage, and she was never what you would consider, exciting. And the FBI letter, and the constant drips of emails, didn't help matters.

Obama's approval ratings are very high. He is in the late fifties, and that is higher than any recent president has been going out of office.

And Obama didn't have the scandal of any business ties, or charity foundations.

I have two kids in my house...one is going to college,the other wants to go.Ive asked them both why they choose a democrat and the only real reason was to get free tuition....they expressed other concerns but that free ride was what they really wanted.

No, people are ready for real hope and change.

Yeah because obama is black and too many people vote and support black lives matter

@The_GOAT Yeah because obama is black and too many people vote and support black lives matter

So, in your mind, he would have been re-elected as the token black President instead of by his own merit and accomplishments the last eight years?