0

Before the year ends...I'd like to find out who adds invisible Disagrees to posts. NO ONE, no one...comments and already my newly posted Opinion on JUSTIN has a 60% disagree rate. Who does this...? I figure it's Amirite. Who else could it be?

This has been going on, like, forever. FOREVER! I've asked AmiriteDev about it; i might eventually get the answer... Remember that saying about genius...and that it's persistence that wins. I'd like to know why. And it's not just about me...

Image for post **Before the year ends...I'd like to find out who adds invisible Disagrees to posts. //NO ONE//, no one...comments and already my newly posted Opinion on JUSTIN has a 60% disagree rate.** //Who does this...? I figure it's **Amirite**. Who else  could it be?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 43

For what I've read before, you don't need an account to "Agree" or "Disagree", so anyone can go offline and disagree with a post. Most disagrees I have come from people that are not logged in. This is not new.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +6Reply
@Sofia For what I've read before, you don't need an account to "Agree" or "Disagree", so anyone can go offline and...

I agree. And, I've been taking note of this, like, forever...and this has been ongoing...even 4:00 am in the morning...no one person is dedicated enough to do it that much or that often. And I post a lot...:) And at a variety of hours.

Even, though...offline posts that are disagreeing or agreeing should not be allowed to happen. And how come people have never gotten a lot of Agrees? From Not Logged-In Member signings? Like, Never? What are they....a Wronged Member? Why take it on indivuals...why not all of Amirite?

So it has to be Amirite. Which is fine. I'd just like to know why.

Thank you for your insight and commenting, Sofia.

@Sukiesnow I agree. And, I've been taking note of this, like, forever...and this has been ongoing...even 4:00 am in the...

I'm not sure I explained it right - members, who already have an account, can go offline and disagree or agree, then log in, and still their avatar won't appear on the left. Just like someone without an account, can come and vote on the Agree/Disagree. The hour doesn't matter - your 4Am is many people's 4PM. And actually, yes, someone can be that dedicated to mess with you - that's being a troll.

I have gotten anonymous agrees before. I still do, now and then.

Just because you're getting a lot of disagrees it doesn't mean Amirite is doing it - people are giving "invisible" disagrees, either because they wish to maintain their anonymity on the subject, or because they're not members, or because they want to piss you off. Anyway, I don't think you'll get a definitive answer to why.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply

I do not know, so I can't "agree" or "disagree". Maybe someone named Justin does.

@2460328

OH.... thanks! :)

@2460413

There can be a number of ppl who disagree and don't wish to comment. They usually show up with a pic on the left hand side of the post... That is perfectly fine...

You know I'm Canadian...sometimes I disagree but can't fully follow up with enough stats to substantiate my "disagree"...so I love to be able to just "disagree"...

However...these disagrees are ones that are INvisible...no sign of any feedback...except for a reduction of the % rate on the agree/disagree (green/red) bar above...

So...bring me a computer wizard who can figure this out? Some say: People who sign out and come back as ANON just for purposes of DISAGREEing... If this is the case...it's too bad that AMIRITE doesn't have more control over this situation...
OTHERS say: it could be AMIRITE? Is this true...AMIRITE? If not...please tell me... I've been asking AmiriteDev about this issue and am still waiting for an answer...

Thank you DWF...for allowing me to summon it all up and expressing...

@Sukiesnow There can be a number of ppl who disagree and don't wish to comment. They usually show up with a pic on the left...

The purpose of letting non-members vote is to allow people to participate without committing to membership. Google will direct some searches here as well.

Anyone can vote. Non-members can vote but not comment. When a non-member votes they don't have an avatar so none is displayed.

You can logout and vote on posts then login and vote again. If you open Amirite in an incognito window without logging in you can vote multiple times because the cookies don't save.

Try it. You can vote 100 times on your own post if you do that.

If you don't understand what I mean ask me... It happens when an Opinion post goes thru Justin. Not just to me...ha ha... I don't follow everyone's posts but it happens to a lot of members....

It is okay if someone just disagrees and you see their AV icon on the left hand side... But in this case there is nothing! showing up...which is why I call them "invisible disagrees..."

Just tell me who does this and tell me why.

@2460294

See? You mean 64% disagree...righto...

I figure Amirite puts a percentage disagree on almost every Opinion...to begin with...

I'd just like to know why.

I've had the same thing happen on every single "opinion" I've posted in the last month or two. At first I thought someone was trolling me, but it happens so immediately and regularly that I think it might be built into the site it's self. Seems like an odd choice if it is built into the site, since it makes the automated result of every poll inaccurate.

@Maze I've had the same thing happen on every single "opinion" I've posted in the last month or two. At first I thought...

I am convinced that there are several people who are either ex-members or current members who lurk without signing in and vote on posts, down voting their enemies and up voting their friends.

See...!!! Right away I've gotten a 78% disagree rate...and the ink on my Opinion post is still drying...

Plat has agreed...but who has disagreed? Stand up for yourself... come out of the closet and say why.

Newcomers click the button but they don't realize they are invited to post a remark. I did that a few times. A couple of times I didn't explain because I wanted a paragraph break, and you can't have a break in that box.

@SmartAZ Newcomers click the button but they don't realize they are invited to post a remark. I did that a few times. A...

HAPPENS...EVERY...TIME...EVEN LATE AT NIGHT.

Now...I might add...your contribution isn't surrounded with a green box... So you didn't officially agree...

GOOD TRY THO...SAZ...

Who cares??????? Seriously, WHO CARES?

Sometimes i just post a comment. I dont even remember if ive disagreed with a post. I have agreed and loved quite a few without commenting. If its already been said, i usually just move on. I gotta ask tho sukie, does it matter?

Some weird stuff going on there.

What if you don't find out before the year ends?...

@DandyDon What if you don't find out before the year ends?...

Scream?

It's just such an easy answer..tho Dandy.

@Sukiesnow Scream? It's just such an easy answer..tho Dandy.

No idea what it is..probably from some movie..

Apparently not so easy...if you can't find out why...

My best guess would be Assholes simply being Assholes..

@DandyDon No idea what it is..probably from some movie.. Apparently not so easy...if you can't find out why... My best...

I don't mind assholes. You have to not mind assholes being assholes if you are on these sites.

I'd like to know who, and why...

And if it is ppl signing in who have felt "wronged" ...or are friends of members who have felt "wronged"...

Please tell me who and I will apologize.

@Sukiesnow I don't mind assholes. You have to not mind assholes being assholes if you are on these sites. I'd like to know...

True but you have to not mind their actions either(Unless its physical)

Letting such things bother one...can..how you say...
Put bats in your belfry...

Oh the first time I noticed it months ago it really pissed me off...then after I stopped & thought for a second I was like why am I worried about it to start with. I realized it was some asshat just trying to piss me off. In their small pea brain mind they were thinking "I will teach you, I'll just disagree with your post & drop your percentage that will teach ya."

Little do these morons know that shit doesn't bother me at all. If people wanna waste their time clicking disagree on every post I have more power to them. I think it is sad that they don't have a life & that is all they have to do with their time but whatever...In some ways it is cute that they admire me that much to take the time to follow me around...biggrin smilie