+9

You hand-rip your lettuce. Amirite? You do not cut.

After a thorough washing, you lovingly rip your lettuce for the salad... It's all about cooking with love...lurve...

Image for post **You hand-rip your lettuce.** //Amirite?// **You do not cut.**
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 15

I've done both.

@2461014

First of all...it's kinder to the lettuce. Especially when you do it with love...

No...really...all kidding aside... I've never heard of "cutting" it... Cutting lettuce also sounds like it wasn't rinsed 2-3 times. To get the grit out...just like in spinach.

@2461014

It takes the equal amount of time to do both...by the time you wash the lettuce several times...and find your knife...etc...

I usually tear it because a metal knife will cause it to brown on the edges. However, I just read that you can use a plastic knife if you really want to cut it. That kind of makes sense but I haven't tried it yet.

@ozzyboy I usually tear it because a metal knife will cause it to brown on the edges. However, I just read that you can use...

I just rip the lettuce into pieces - easier than having to wash a knife and cutting board.

Cutting lettuce bruises it

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Oh I only eat hydroponic lettuce

I tear it since I've heard that cutting it bruises it - makes it brown sooner.

@beachbum I tear it since I've heard that cutting it bruises it - makes it brown sooner.

That sounds good. There is also another reason... It's not about time...it takes time to do both...