California Democrats Legalize Child Prostitution

Beginning on Jan. 1, prostitution by minors will be legal in California. Yes, you read that right.

SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.

This terribly destructive legislation was written and passed by the progressive Democrats who control California's state government with a two-thirds "supermajority." To their credit, they are sincere in their belief that decriminalizing underage prostitution is good public policy that will help victims of sex trafficking. Unfortunately, the reality is that the legalization of underage prostitution suffers from the fatal defect endemic to progressive-left policymaking: it ignores experience, common sense and most of all human nature — especially its darker side.

The unintended but predictable consequence of how the real villains — pimps and other traffickers in human misery — will respond to this new law isn't difficult to foresee. Pimping and pandering will still be against the law whether it involves running adult women or young girls. But legalizing child prostitution will only incentivize the increased exploitation of underage girls. Immunity from arrest means law enforcement can't interfere with minors engaging in prostitution — which translates into bigger and better cash flow for the pimps. Simply put, more time on the street and less time in jail means more money for pimps, and more victims for them to exploit.

Image for post California Democrats Legalize Child Prostitution
10% I can't wait to hear the spin on this one! 0% IT'S ABOUT TIME THOSE KIDS GET A JOB! 50% Progressives are unbelievably stupid 40% Other
Budwicks avatar Countries & Places
3 54
@2461306

They are a special kind of stupid and naive. They don't seem to be able to think down the road past their nose.

beachbums avatar beachbum I can't wait to hear the spin on this one! +4Reply

Sometimes, you read a post, and all rational thought screams out at you saying this has GOT to be a BS post. Unfortunately, Budwick posted what is the truth! It has to make any rational person sick, to know just what kind of people are governing parts of this country. (Great post Budwick!)

Here is a link to the actual Bill.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.g...01520160SB1322

Read this: http://mashable.com/2016/12/30/.../#gG9GLYCBH5qa The Johns will still be criminals; they just don't want children forced into it to have a record from what I can tell. It does seem tricky though. Very complicated, I see your point too. We should probably just kill all of their pimps and johns, problem solved.

@JerryHendrickson Read this: http://mashable.com/2016/12/30/.../#gG9GLYCBH5qa The Johns will...

I read that too.

Here is their explanation -
"Gov. Jerry Brown did approve legislation that decriminalizes prostitution in the case of minors. In other words, it bans police from charging people under 18 with prostitution. "

Then goes on to spin say
"The law aims to protect children involved in sex trafficking and prostitution by treating them as victims, not criminals. That doesn't mean that child prostitution is now legal."

To my mind, decriminalizing child prostitution does in fact make it legal. It's spin.

California is the land of nuts and fruits. The fruits have taken over the streets, and the nuts have taken over the government.

@2461394

A) Please refer to the text of the law for your edification.

B) If children were coerced into prostitution, what prosecutor would give a thought to charging the victim?

I understand what you are saying, but it's not what the new law says. The law is stupid, and the people that wrote and passed the law are even more stupid.

@2461394

if prostitution is illegal, then the law SHOULD charge the ones in charge of the rings, you know, the perverts who abduct women and children and force them into these things. but police and the law dont; care about catchign the real criminals, they go for the easy. if anythign is to be changed it is how policing is done, enough with going after the easy targets that AREN'T criminals, and time to go after the real criminals, believe it or not prostitution can remain illegal and not charge the slaves who where forced into it by evil people.

child prostitution will only give the evil men more power, as it is NO longer illegal. it is a stupid law. Budwick is 100% right

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Progressives are unbelievably stupid 0Reply

What a bold face lie.

@dru18 What a bold face lie.

yeah truth is lie and BS truth in the minds of the ignorant liberals

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Progressives are unbelievably stupid +1Reply
@Anonymousmouse yeah truth is lie and BS truth in the minds of the ignorant liberals

Love the way cons sliced and diced the bill, to fit their baseless agenda.

@dru18 What a bold face lie.

I know it sounds too insane to be true DD - but, read the bill for yourself on California website -

@dru18 I read it, and I like more source better. Way more complicated then you are making it out to be...

Dru, The site Budwick posted, was the official California legislature website. (They are the ones who wrote the bill) You posted a newspapers.

@JustJimColo Dru, The site Budwick posted, was the official California legislature website. (They are the ones who wrote the...

I read both. But I still maintain that it is much more complicated of a bill than Budwick is cherry picking.

@dru18 Then we agree the title of this post is a little misleading.

I don't know if I'd call it misleading. Would you be better with a title like, Californian legislature decriminalizes child prostitution."?

@dru18 It boarders on fake news, in giving only a small part of the bill.

I provided you the entire bill. (Fake new is telling a lie and making something up. This wasn't a lie)

If you are like me, when someone posts something, we research it, and look at the whole thing.

funny how anything that doesn't align with liberal propaganda is seen as "fake news"

@Anonymousmouse funny how anything that doesn't align with liberal propaganda is seen as "fake news"

Funny how it is always the Rightwing nut jobs that are behind "fake news".

@dru18 Funny how it is always the Rightwing nut jobs that are behind "fake news".

that is what the left wing fake news would have you believe.

@Anonymousmouse that is what the left wing fake news would have you believe.

Sure, all the major publications, PBS, cable news, and the networks, are all fake news.

Where do you get your news, planet Mars?

@2464234

I would, John, if you were actually HERE to read my explanation.

The heart of your cited article is "reflect a cultural shift in the approach to prostitution that aims to divert victims forced into the industry away from the criminal justice system."

So, make child prostitution legal? Couldn't prosecutors opt to not charge victims of human trafficking on their own?

Doesn't that effectively give young prostitutes a grace period to get established in the business without fear of getting busted? I mean, if you're 16 and in need of fast cash, you KNOW you won't get busted for prostitution in Cali. Your jon might, but you know you won't. I wouldn't say it makes prostitution risk free for youths, there are plenty of other risks, but it removes any legal concerns they might have about doing it.

Personally I think prostitution is disgusting, but if someone's over 18, they have a right to sell sex. Who has the right to tell an adult who they can and can't have sex with, or whether their reasons for having sex with someone are acceptable? The government isn't your parent, it's there to represent you, and I don't think it's been doing a good job of representing prostitutes.

@Maze Doesn't that effectively give young prostitutes a grace period to get established in the business without fear of...

ya know, their are many other ways to make money.

and most underage "prostitutes" didn;t choose it, they where forced into it. they shoudl not be charged, but prostitution should remain 100% illegal, just time for cops to get off their lazy donut eating ASSES, forget giving petty tickets for VICTIMLESS crimes, and Actually go after the REAl criminals, the slave masters who run the rings.

@Anonymousmouse ya know, their are many other ways to make money. and most underage "prostitutes" didn;t choose it, they where...

It's called 'the world's oldest profession' for a reason, it will never go away. The reason organized crime runs prostitution is because it's illegal. If it was legal, legitimate business would dominate the market. Look at alcohol prohibition and all the crime and violence associated with that, is that still going on in the alcohol trade?

So in terms of public safety, I think the best approach would be to legalize prostitution, then institute standards and enforce them, like screening for STDs. Making it legal but regulated would all but remove prostitutes from street corners, because they could either run ads (in a regulated way) and work from home, or work at a brothel in a regulated "red light district".

If it was up to me, there would be no prostitution, but it's not up to me. And I'd love if everyone was virtuous, but you can't force virtue - doing the right thing isn't virtuous if you're forced to do it.

@Maze Sure, all the victimless crimes.

child prostitution is as victimless a crime as murder.

all the law needs to do is change who they charge, they need to stop charging the victims, and start charging the ring leaders

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Progressives are unbelievably stupid +2Reply
@Maze It's called 'the world's oldest profession' for a reason, it will never go away. The reason organized crime runs...

Maze - "No, you don't understand. You see after I legalized prostitution, then everyone that didn't prostitute is actually better! Cool, eh?"

Free market capitalism.

Sounds like Budwick is supporting government regulation of free enterprise.

hmm smilie

Perhaps what he wants is for children led astray to be publicly flogged and humiliated by society for making decisions that they are legally to young to make.

shock smilie

No that can't be it, he's a good soul. So must be he wants a better way to deal with child sex trafficking and he just doesn't trust the california judicial system to apply the law in a reasonable manor.

@VicZinc Free market capitalism. Sounds like Budwick is supporting government regulation of free enterprise...

Apparently it's the democrats that don't have faith in jurisprudence Vic. In fact, that's the heart of their 'reasoning'. So that kids caught up in sex trafficking don't get snagged by the juvenile justice system.

@VicZinc And you object why?

Why do I object to a justice system that mishandles kids caught up in human trafficking?

@Budwick Why do I object to a justice system that mishandles kids caught up in human trafficking?

"So that kids caught up in sex trafficking don't get snagged by the juvenile justice system."

Sounds like you want them to get "snagged" by a justice system. Do you?

@VicZinc "So that kids caught up in sex trafficking don't get snagged by the juvenile justice system." Sounds like you want...

I don't believe you are that stupid Vic.

I could be wrong - you're welcome to keep writing asinine questions like that if you want of course. With all the evidence on this very page that your claim is ill founded - not everyone that reads this will be as myopic as you are pretending to be.

Or, you could be honest for a change.

Your choice.

@Budwick I don't believe you are that stupid Vic. I could be wrong - you're welcome to keep writing asinine questions...

Maybe I am thick. Maybe I just trust human beings to do the right thing.

A child who is under age cannot be a prostitute because anyone having sex will the child is a rapist.

Therefore, any attempt to prosecute a child for a sex crime is the same as prosecuting the victim.

So a law that clarifies that children cannot be prosecuted for sex crimes does not "legalize child prostitution" it protects victims.

Perhaps a law that castrates men who have sex with children would be more to your liking.

haha so child abuse is free market now? what the hell is wrong with you? in a free society you are not free to harm others. we need laws to protect against actual crimes. and underage "prostitution" is a CRIME! i put prostitution in quotation because, those under age most likely did not choose that lifestyle, they where forced into it.

time the law went after the sick bastards who go after these kids, but child prostitution needs to be illegal.

@2463995

That's sure what it sounds like. But, people in California can't possibly be that far gone.

its disturbingly disctusting, but when you delve into the world of perversion, it doesn;t take long to get worse FAST. lgtb community denied this woudl ever happen, yet here it is HAPPENING! what a surprise. NOT. rome fell for this reason, we will fall too