+13

Okay.......so the internet is shut down. You lose the 720(?) friends you have accumulated. The constant influx of acceptance and entertainment is gone. No more sharing, nor more utube. How do you rewire yourself?. Better still how do your kids and grandkids learn to cope? You know, many areas do not teach longhand anymore? Things, people, silly gifs, all at ones fingertips. Worldwide WEB. A strong black wind could blow and its all of us caught up in this web that will drown in the puddle, still stuck. But the spider will get away......just sayin

Carlas avatar Internet & Apps
10 36

Sounds like the younger people would have to look to the older generation for wisdom and advice. Our parents, the WWII generation did well. and I think our generation, the Viet Nam era, coped well, before we had the internet. I think the internet has been a great "tool", but too many people have adopted it as a lifestyle.

@JustJimColo Sounds like the younger people would have to look to the older generation for wisdom and advice. Our parents, the...

Absolutely. The imagination of our young people is being stifled. Too much technical stimulation. Offer most kids a used dirt bike or a new phone or system......what do you think the majority would choose?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +9Reply
@Carla Absolutely. The imagination of our young people is being stifled. Too much technical stimulation. Offer most kids a...

Don't even suggest taking your family camping, where there might not be cell service. There would be mutiny.

We survived Sodahead's shut down, and it would be a blessing in disguise if the internet folded completely. I would find a lot of useful things to do instead of wasting time on line. lol

I can only hope ...

@2461357

Hold on there Pilgrim! You need a knife for whittling!
wink smiliehehe smilie

@Budwick Hold on there Pilgrim! You need a knife for whittling!

I remember not that long ago being able to get on a plane and the guy next to me was a farmer and he'd have a knife attached to his belt, and would take it out to cut up a piece of fruit to eat and nobody would think twice. Could you imagine the reaction to that now?

We could get archeologists put to work to locate and unearth ancient ruin of buildings that used to contain the wisdom of the world - Libraries.

Mass panic. Every one out for themselves, but most will attending Quit the Internet therapy groups...or taking up some bad habit.

@2461387

The jury is deliberating... :)

@2461387

True, it's so much fun when Ser and I do the tag team torment on you.

Oh, but wait... see? The internet is bringing out my sadistic impulses and your masochistic ones. hello smilie

@2461399

You'll be up for an Oscar nomination this year.

And you'll win, easily. biggrin smilie

I used to read a lot, play the piano and did art work. I think I would survive by getting back to some of the things I have neglected.

Mogals avatar Mogal Agree +2Reply

I know that, I myself have never had a good hand for cursive and usually print if i need to write or I simply type a note so people can read it. As for face book, no problem I never look there just a few relative are on my list and i usually delete the notifications because I don't care what she had for lunch.

Schools should have to teach cursive, penmanship and writing.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/0...-need-cursive/

@Cezar Schools should have to teach cursive, penmanship and...

Interesting reading. I was floored qhen i heard some schools have eliminated those teachings

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

I was grew up without the internet or computers and it only came about once I'd entered the work force. I love the access to knowledge and especially digital music that I never had when I was a kid. I also like the ability to meet and talk with people from all over the world. But I'd cope ok without it. My job which is all based around the internet would go back to stand-alone desk top computers with everything stored locally rather than transmitted to a central location. I think there would be a lot more jobs. Also, kids would just play computer games with themselves or in groups with friends. There would be no online gaming.

People would get the Internet back online as fast as they could.

I spent fifty years trying to find something worth doing before the internet was invented, and I have spent 22 years since then trying to find something worth looking at. The most significant change is that most of the fifty years was spent riding a bicycle, and most of the 22 years years was spent riding a desk chair.

What else do you want to talk about?

@2471973

Sounds alot like my childhood. Add some horses and an old honda dirtbike and life was endless.......i fear the youth of today would not have the balls to jump off that bridge. Or the desire

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2471993

:) we girls had to carry our balls in our pockets. But we still had them. But your comment is pretty accurate