LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Law
1 21

If prisons were run in a manner that people were being punished for their crimes instead of as a testing ground for various social experiments, people would be less likely to not care about spending time in one.
Hollywood even glamorizes prisoners and the subculture that exists with the walls.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo Prison is for punishment PERIOD +3Reply

I skimmed the article until I found what I already suspected: "California".

But if they must do this, dropping a bowling ball on their junk would be so much cheaper.

facemans avatar faceman ridiculous waste of money +2Reply

It's a bloody joke, they are meant to be being punished. Still, if you have enough money then the law is different for you, look at Oscar Pistorius, convicted of murder and doing 4 years in his uncles luxury mansion. In the UK 340 people convicted of grevious bodily harm and 8 rapists were let off with community service order, is this justice? So in part I understand where Vic is coming from. In the UK communities use to keep certain behaviour in line like antisocial, now the crook has more rights than the victim the police are utterly useless in certain circumstances. They have 4 hours to attend a burgulary by then your properties changed hands several times. You can't burgular proof your property with broken glass or barbed wire becayse if the burgular hurts himself breaking into your house he can sue you for damages.

You have a good solutiongoo smilie

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Prison is for punishment PERIOD 0Reply

Nope, doesn't make me angry. People who want kids to suffer ad die from lack of food and healthcare do. Killing tens of thousands of people a year to give rich people tax breaks does.. Not regulation guns so tens of thousands of people get murdered a year does.

@2472850

Probably more in jail because there are more criminals.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Prison is for punishment PERIOD +1Reply

Eliminate prisons. Stop judging people for their actions. Live and let live.

@2462254

Yes, that wolf IS beautiful.

@2462254

I didn't say I was ok with it. If you hunt him down and flay his ass I won't judge you either.

My problem is with appointing 'special' people to be above others to judge the rest of us. All animals are capable of maintaining justice without having jackbooted thugs telling us how.

@2462269

We need no official authority. We are capable of self governance.

@VicZinc We need no official authority. We are capable of self governance.

Oh we are not. Look at all the terrible things people do. That is not self government that is just wilding.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Oh we are not. Look at all the terrible things people do. That is not self government that is just wilding.

I am confused.

We are currently in a situation where we have "official authority"

We have not had "self governance" in as long as history has been recorded

You say "look at all the terrible things people do"

How dos that not support my point?

official authority = terrible people (you just said so)

self governance = [not happened in the history of humankind so how could you possibly know it is worse?]

@VicZinc I didn't say I was ok with it. If you hunt him down and flay his ass I won't judge you either. My problem is with...

OH ya, animals are more direct, they chew up or drive off the bad actors, no sympathy in the animal world.

@VicZinc Eliminate prisons. Stop judging people for their actions. Live and let live.

can't do that. People need to be kept in lime, but more serious punishments need to be carried out, any non citizens picked up should be deported from our country asap.

Anonymous