+8

I dug up Book of Questions I compiled on SodaHead. Unasked questions..they called them "polls"... Here goes: Why is History important to learn? No one ever seems to learn from it...

And besides...history is so vast. Wouldn't it be better to target your own interest and then study on your own time? There are important other subjects to learn. Like English. How to communicate. That should be a priority...

Image for post I dug up Book of Questions I compiled on SodaHead. Unasked questions..they called them "polls"... Here goes: **Why is History important to learn?** //No one ever seems to learn from it...//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
12 23

You mean all these questions aren't yours, that you took them from a book. Wow.

@StarzAbove You mean all these questions aren't yours, that you took them from a book. Wow.

Ha. READ. The book I compiled of unanswered questions... Ha...you're funny...

But I suspect, some people, and again we're not allowed to give names...ha...take questions and or quotes from other sources with out giving them credit. And Amirite doesn't seem to mind...ha. Not cool in my book.

Plagiarism: not an authentic idea.

I love history. I enjoy learning how we developed into what and who we are

@2463140

You are right. Its on the individual to look into as much as is avaiable to come to educated opinions. I was taught in school that columbus was a hero and discovered america. When in truth he just made alot of noise about his voyage . And certainly he was no hero. What he did was criminal. And we still celebrate columbus day instead of recognizing the truth of the man.

@2462628

Hey...Britain did a lot of work in those arenas in days of yore...

@2463179

If more people would look to human history they might recognize parallels. The idea of history repeating itself is an old one.

because everyone says "this time it will be different" or "There's a difference!!" and it's not true at all

History is boring because teachers never learned any history. They only teach what the school board dictates to be taught. Here are links to essays by an economist analyzing the 20th century. They will blow your mind.
http://www.shtfplan.com/category/howard-katz
http://www.gold-eagle.com/authors/howard-s-katz

Here is a free ebook explaining every cultural collapse in history. It's fairly short because they all collapsed in the same general way for the same general reasons.
http://comingdarkage.blogspot.com/

Oh I never learn from it...I keep repeating the same mistakes hehe smilie

History is important because without it...school days would be shorter..

@DandyDon History is important because without it...school days would be shorter..

Ha

It'd be diff if they showed movies...like The Patriot on TV...but history is generally not motivating...

@Sukiesnow Ha It'd be diff if they showed movies...like The Patriot on TV...but history is generally not motivating...

Yea but you can't always take movies for telling the complete truth...even though they are more entertaining than a teacher.

History books either, for that matter..
I think a lot of things, they just fill in...to keep the story going.

@DandyDon Yea but you can't always take movies for telling the complete truth...even though they are more entertaining than a...

So...you liked history? What a novelle idea. What about it did you like... I'm waiting...all agog...

No seriously... Did some of it take?

@DandyDon Pirates and treasures...

Aha! Beautiful. I was into Peter Pan et al...for a time, too. Of course you are into something far more sophisticated...like real life.

This is where you branch off and pay particular attention to history with all of those exciting details....