Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
13 72

Giving me a reason to tell someone "Shut up" is rude too..

@DandyDon Giving me a reason to tell someone "Shut up" is rude too..

Perhaps you are interrupting someone...? Perhaps the building is burning down and no one notices it?

There are other reasons for the SHUT Up...mostly it means the person who wants to say it needs control...

I would never say Shut Up to anyone. I might say, Smiling: Okay...hon... Calm down... How Many coffees have you had today? OR...at the worst: HELLO! Trying to talk here...d'you mind?

@Sukiesnow Perhaps you are interrupting someone...? Perhaps the building is burning down and no one notices it? There are...

Exactly...

So if someone riled me up enough to tell them to shut up...it wasn't from them being polite..

@DandyDon Exactly... So if someone riled me up enough to tell them to shut up...it wasn't from them being...

It might then be something you are telling a number of people...but if someone isn't listening to you and keeps talking...that means you haven't gotten the message across to them...not an occasion to tell someone to Shut Up.

What do I know?

@2462531

Oh when I say that it's a cue to run hehe smilie

@2462534

Oh that one too hehe smilie

@2462540

Wait what???? Wonder why not. I am missing the game cause I am working remotely. I swear if we lose I will be madder than a wet hen. We are to close to screw up now

@2462580

cry smiliesad smilie

Oh that's heartbreaking.

Yea I can't understand why. I agree that is stupid as hell

@2462592

I sure can't wait for us to go to the SB.

That does make since

@Lil_Princess Oh when I say that it's a cue to run

How about when someone has said it to you...?

@Sukiesnow How about when someone has said it to you...?

The get the look....which is also a cue to run hehe smilie

Yes, but sometimes it just has to be said.

Gypsys avatar Gypsy Agree +7Reply

Nah, there are far worse things than that.

@StarzAbove Nah, there are far worse things than that.

Yes... But in fairly polite company...even a simple "shut up" Can be bad. I mean...at one of your dinner parties? Does anyone ever come close to that?

@Sukiesnow Yes... But in fairly polite company...even a simple "shut up" Can be bad. I mean...at one of your dinner parties?...

At my parties everyone is civil to one another. I've never heard any of them tell someone to shut up. If they did, it would probably be in a joking manner.

What is worse in my opinion is when someone cusses someone out, that's much worse than a "shut up".

Oh I will admit I am bad about say " shut your mouth or I am gonna shut it for ya" when that comes out of my mouth people know they pushed it to far.

@Sukiesnow you might say it lovingly to kids...riight? But not to adults...?

Oh to the kids it's more please be quite. Depending on the situation I might say "hush your mouth" only serious situations get the one mentioned above.

@Lil_Princess Oh to the kids it's more please be quite. Depending on the situation I might say "hush your mouth" only serious...

Yes. A serious kids ruckus requires a serious back-action.

You know...I was called a sh*t disturber...but it was because I hung around kids who were like that...they had more fun than the religious ones... It wasn't fair...(and I know life isn't fair as some always mentions that here ha) but in actual fact I was pretty mild.

@Sukiesnow Yes. A serious kids ruckus requires a serious back-action. You know...I was called a sh*t disturber...but it was...

My oldest daughter went through that. She was the good kid trying to keep her friends out of trouble but got caught in the guilt by association. I hate that label to be honest.

@2462546

Yes..I agree... But in relatively polite company. Like a bunch of Amiriters...ha.

@2462576

You? Nevair.

@2462567

I can't believe you guys haven't met. Or have you?

@2462659

You do know you have to before you die?

I do agree, that it isn't a very nice to say to somebody. It's one of those things said that have far more impact and meaning, when used when it's really 'justified'. Like certain "curse" words...when you only use them when you really mean them. :)

Those words are not allowed in my house. I've heard the F word but they all know that I will get them if they ever say SU. Just now I had a nonstop talker and my ears hurt, but I just said that I had to go on the computer so I'll talk to them later.hehe smilie

@ozzyboy Those words are not allowed in my house. I've heard the F word but they all know that I will get them if they ever...

We had that rule, too. Plus not saying words like "Stupid! Or Idiot!" All good words to be banished...

Unless you are saying them affectionately to friends... Like when I said to my friend..."I hate you, bitch. You're always right..." There was a gasp... It was the audience! Some audiences don't take well to certain words and miss the nuances...ha...

Of course I never would have said that if kids were nearby...

@2462668

You do know your on JD's bucket list?

@2462697

It will come to a good end.

This is the pic I thought you colourized...ha...

My mom never said 'shut up'. So i dont use it. I will shhhhhhhhhhh tho.

and it means you lose

I think context brings a lot to any and all word choices... there are times where "shut up" could be used in a positive manner as well... or at least I see them as positive ;)

Every time I see Obama on T.V.I tell him to'' shut up''

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +1Reply
@hootowl Every time I see Obama on T.V.I tell him to'' shut up''

I used to throw popcorn at him. It got a bit messy.

I can think of a lot more rude things you can say to someone.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I can think of a lot more rude things you can say to someone.

Yes so can I... But something like "Shut Up!" can be more hurtful since it might be how you'd reprimand a child.

Anonymous