+15

Family Values is a subjective thing. What my family values may not be what your family values.

Image for post Family Values is a subjective thing. What my family values may not be what your family values.
TomboyJanets avatar Life
9 20

Based on many other posts and comments I've read of yours, I can guarantee that your family values are not the same as mine.

Agreed. And any politician/political party that claims to support both "family values" and war is a bit twisted.

@Budwick And which 'politician/political party ' do you think does that?

Well, since the US has been in a constant series of wars since 1991, I'm forced to conclude that both parties support intervention and war.

However, only one party has claimed the mantle of the party of family values. The Republicans.

@Budwick Being involved with war and supporting war are two different things - doncha think?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends on the nature of the war and things like whether or not we were attacked first.

@PhilboydStudge Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It depends on the nature of the war and things like whether or not we were attacked first.

Phil, it was you that complained about constant war since 1991 and USA involvement.

Does USA involvement since 1991 mean USA supports war?

I don't think so.

@Budwick Phil, it was you that complained about constant war since 1991 and USA involvement. Does USA involvement since...

Yes, I believe on many instances we do support wars.

If you don't, then why has the US been involved in more military conflicts than any other country in the past two decades? And why do we spend more on military than the next seven countries combined?

@PhilboydStudge Yes, I believe on many instances we do support wars. If you don't, then why has the US been involved in more...

It's not because anyone is in favor of being at war. THAT is the difference you are failing to recognize.

Involvement does not equal support.

@Budwick It's not because anyone is in favor of being at war. THAT is the difference you are failing to recognize...

So why is it that the US is involved in so many more wars? I have trouble believing our vital interests are at stake in all these wars.

@PhilboydStudge So why is it that the US is involved in so many more wars? I have trouble believing our vital interests are at...

There's no single answer Phil. You'll need to study some history. May I suggest some reading - America: The Last Best Hope Volumes I and II by Bill Bennett.

Then you might be able to answer your own questions!

Agree! Silly words...family values. Every person is an indivual...

@2463657

It's true! To many crazy people Love is not enough to make a family strong. To them a loveless straight marriage is more of a family than a loving gay marriage and that is sick as can be

Values, morals, that's all subjective. In homes, societies and such. There's a lot of different around.

Exactly.

Anonymous