How do you know for sure that an anonymous poster to a question never participates in their own question as themselves? Some anonymous posters are actually popular people here that really want anonymity to a question they have in mind. It really is OK if we don't do it all the time.

Image for post How do you know for sure that an anonymous poster to a question never participates in their own question as themselves?  Some anonymous posters are actually popular people here that really want anonymity to a question they have in mind.  It really is OK if we don't do it all the time.
Language
5 16

What you're saying makes sense and I don't really mind one way or the other.
One of the issues some regular posters have is trying to always come up with new ideas for questions only to get flack personally for posting them, so I think if anon helps encourage new questions without the messenger being shot then go for it.

Most anon posters do reply to their own questions, but they are using their true name. How silly is that? It's like they are conversing with themselves. I'll be looking for the true OP of this question soon. Then you can converse with yourself.

Oh well I don't know how the process works. If someone wants to ask something & chooses not to be known it's really none of my business.

My belief is if ya ain't feeding me, financing me, or f*cking me I really don't give two shits what ya do biggrin smilie

Hmmmm If this is a defense for anonymous posters... Why not just have a place/room where ALL questions and answers are automatically labeled anonymous? Questions and answers that people might be too embarrassed to ask or answered would be handled there. It would take away the "excuses" for having anonymous accounts. And make it where that is the only place anonymous posts can be made?

Turns out that "Stan" is anonymous himself! Anonymous is telling everyone else with a name that it's OK to be anonymous!

Hey 'Stan', it's OK to use a name and say the exact same thing!

The thing is when they want to post something but too much of a sissy to fess up to it or take credit for their outlandish statements they turn anon.

I don't, and I know for sure that at least one "anonymous" poster has replied to me.

Is anonymous posting against the rules?

Anonymous