+4

An Interesting Post. If you are cremated...you can have your ashes made into a diamond. Now that's exciting. Life - or Death - couldn't get any better...

Image for post **An Interesting Post. If you are cremated...you can have your ashes made into a diamond.** //Now that's exciting. Life - or Death - couldn't get any better...//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 31

Yeah.....but who woumd want to wear it. Maybe, have to ponder that

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@Carla Yeah.....but who woumd want to wear it. Maybe, have to ponder that

Do you agree or disagree?

Yes...it is a post worth pondering... I agree with that..

@Sukiesnow Do you agree or disagree? Yes...it is a post worth pondering... I agree with that..

I agreed, sorry. Dont always pay attention to the sites polite ways ofvresponding

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla I agreed, sorry. Dont always pay attention to the sites polite ways ofvresponding

Yes...thanks... I don't always understand why they make it so complicated to respond...

Anyone would be delighted to wear lovely diamond around their neck...

I hope, when i go, it wont be a stone that will have given my life meaning. But a diamond IS a beautiful stone, my birthstone.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

I don't want to be buried what If I'm trapped in my body?

@TomboyJanet I don't want to be buried what If I'm trapped in my body?

I don't think you'll be trapped by that time. I think you would flee.

Out of the fire and ashes can come a diamond... It's like your life can be embodied in something meaningful...so beautiful...like the phoenix.

I have no interest in becoming anything other than worm food when I die.

Reminds me of a joke:

A Frenchman, an Englishman, and a New Yorker go on a safari.

Along the way they run into a tribe of cannibals. The chief was a pleasant fellow, but had some unfortunate news for them.
"Gentlemen, I am sorry but I must follow the way of my people."
"Oh?" says the Brit. "What's that?"
"Well..." the chief responds, "We will kill you, cook you, eat you, and use your skin to make a canoe. However we're not entirely uncivilized. We will let you choose the manner of your death, and perform it yourself, if you'd like."

The Frenchman steps forward first. "I will take a sword, s'il vous plaît."
The cannibals hand him a sword.
The Frenchman shouts "Vive la France!" then runs himself through with the sword.

Next the Brit steps forward. "I'll have a pistol, chaps."
The cannibals hand him a pistol. "God save the Queen!" shouts the Brit, and blows his brains out.

Finally the New Yorker steps forward. "Gimme a fork."
The cannibals are a bit mystified, but nonetheless give him a fork. He proceeds to stab himself all over with the fork. Arms, legs, face, torso. Anywhere he can stab himself with it, he does so.

The chief is aghast. "Good Lord! What are you doing?!?!?!"
The New Yorker bellows, "F#ck your canoe"!

@PhilboydStudge I have no interest in becoming anything other than worm food when I die. Reminds me of a joke: A Frenchman, an...

Ha ha... I don't get it. Sad is what I get.

Your wife or daughter might love a diamond. Hon.

@Sukiesnow Ha ha... I don't get it. Sad is what I get. Your wife or daughter might love a diamond. Hon.

The joke is that the New Yorker's last act was to poke holes in his skin so that the cannibals couldn't later use it for their canoe. Don't be sad.

If my wife and daughters are to use my body after I'm dead, I would hope it would be something more practical. Maybe my body can be turned into kitty litter or something.

Oh I never knew you could do that. What an interesting idea. I plan on being cremated & my ashes spread in various places.

@Sukiesnow Yes...but instead you could be made into a diamond!!

Oh I am going to some more reading on it. Thank ya for sharing this information

@Sukiesnow You're welcome... I love the diamond(s) in my pic...

Oh it's beautiful. I was actually looking this stuff up. The prices range from $3000-$20,000 depending on color & caret . That's cheaper than what I want done because my ashes were going around the world.

@Lil_Princess Oh it's beautiful. I was actually looking this stuff up. The prices range from $3000-$20,000 depending on color &...

A co-worker once told me that before she and her hubby got married...the place where they bought their diamonds from actually made them come in and take a couple of courses about diamonds....

@2464569

Good point.

All you'd need to keep back is one of your toes...your big toes....that's supposed to ground you on this plane and have you come back.

How much does it cost?

@JerryHendrickson How much does it cost?

You were the only one who thought of that... Ha.. About 4 grand. So what do you think now?

Geez..... just throw me in a hefty bag and sit me on the sidewalk when I'm dead. Then I'm the city's problem.
Doesn't anyone else think wearing the ashes of the dead, as a diamond ring, is a bit creepy?

@JustJimColo Geez..... just throw me in a hefty bag and sit me on the sidewalk when I'm dead. Then I'm the city's problem...

Lots' of people have the ashes of loved ones in their homes. Isn't that a bit creepy? In sitcoms people usually drop the urn and the dust flies about... Now thats' creepy. And unfunny.

Making a diamond of it and wearing it...not as creepy as the above example.

And I'm thinking a pendant...not a ring.

@Sukiesnow Lots' of people have the ashes of loved ones in their homes. Isn't that a bit creepy? In sitcoms people usually...

I don't know Sukie........ I can just imagine someone coming up to you saying, "That's a really pretty ring/pendant", and you responding, "Thank you. It's my sister."
I don't have a problem with ashes in a home for people to remember loved ones. It's just "wearing" them that creeps me out. LOL.... And who do you pass it on to when you die? Would anyone want it? LOL Ends up at a pawn shop? LOL

@JustJimColo I don't know Sukie........ I can just imagine someone coming up to you saying, "That's a really pretty...

You have a point. Now if you look at it in the way of "Repurposing" body materials... And your not wearing your sister you are wearing her repurposed body...substance without a soul.

I would have loved to have my pets ashes repurposed...better than keeping their ashes around...of course using their ashes to grow a plant would also be a good idea...huh?

It can be comforting to those you leave behind.

Pawn shop...lol...

I, personally, have no interest in using a dead person ashes in my finger, and I would prefer not becoming one too.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +2Reply

That would look nice on my choker.

Anonymous