Carlas avatar Religion
11 19

I'm not sure when I first heard this 'parable', but it really stuck with me. No matter which version of it one reads, the power and truth of it is the same.

"A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.

One of them is a good wolf which represents things like kindness, bravery and love. The other is a bad wolf, which represents things like greed, hatred and fear.

The grandson stops and thinks about it for a second then he looks up at his grandfather and says, “Grandfather, which one wins?”

The grandfather quietly replies, the one you feed."

Kudos to him. Although he and I are on the "outs" he does ask good questions, and this is one of them.

@StarzAbove Kudos to him. Although he and I are on the "outs" he does ask good questions, and this is one of them.

He mentioned on a comment that he was reading native american quotes, i rembered i had read some that stuck with me. This one seemed appropriate for the times.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

True! Excellent way of putting it...we often pretend to be "all good" but we all have our dark side.

@2465550

Where have you been? Happy New Year!

@dru18 Where have you been? Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you too, dru. I got into it with a beligerent conservative and it got to me. I decided to stay off the trump thing for awhile. I have said all that i needed to say about it. Everyone knows my viewpoint. Now i am just gonna sit by and watch as it all goes to shit for them. I have difficulty when i read these alt right hypocrites justifying cozying up to russia because trump is doing it. I dont need the aggravation. Although if i see something new that chaps me, i likely wont be able to stop myself. Read the last post by smartaz on this thread. You will see they are trying to bait me

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2465638

If yoh allow others to influence you to that degree, then you are only a puppet

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2465669

My fuse isnt short that fuse spoke of the struggle within oneself to foster the qualities that make one good and neglect those that make one evil. If you allow outside influences to make those choices, you ARE a puppet. Not YOU personally, i dont know you

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Pretty eyes in that picture

indeed

@2766736

Had to be the original. This was a year or so ago.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

Hey, don't mess with those cherokees. Lemme tell you, if you get a cherokee trapped, you know, like in a cave or something, LEAVE HIM TRAPPED!

@SmartAZ Hey, don't mess with those cherokees. Lemme tell you, if you get a cherokee trapped, you know, like in a cave or...

Yeah man, turn me loose, i might take your woman. Turn her into a savage, just like me!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
Anonymous