Lately I've seen the same members up voting and supporting comments from sock accounts. They are the same members complaining that others are driving away new members. Should this site allow socks on here?

Image for post Lately I've seen the same members up voting and supporting comments from sock accounts. They are the same members complaining that others are driving away new members. Should this site allow socks on here?
Life
1 38

I think that maybe sometimes people just agree with what is being said. I don't naturally assume something sinister. If they aren't causing problems, who really cares anyway? Troublemakers should be removed, but if they aren't causing problems, it's no big deal.

@JPMatthews I think that maybe sometimes people just agree with what is being said. I don't naturally assume something...

I care. The rest of us have to follow the rules and so should they. What if all of us had four or five socks, talking to each other, ganging up on others, posting lies about someone. That has happened in the past, that's why most of us that have been here a long time resist these socks. We had one guy on here who had 5 or more socks, it was terrible as to what that jerk did. He posted terrible nasty things on this site, fortunately he's gone now. Or we hope he is.

They are banned for good reasons, and once banned they should NOT be allowed back on.

@StarzAbove I care. The rest of us have to follow the rules and so should they. What if all of us had four or five socks...

StarzAbove, if you read my comment I plainly stated that if they are troublemakers they SHOULD BE REMOVED. Other than that, it's a waste of time and energy to focus on these people. Just do your thing and ignore them. That's what I do. It's easy if you really want to avoid the drama. Again, this is not directed at you or anyone in particular. It's just my opinion and you told me a week or so ago, that you appreciate different opinions. hehe smilie

@JPMatthews StarzAbove, if you read my comment I plainly stated that if they are troublemakers they SHOULD BE REMOVED. Other...

I did read your opinion and I have no problem with it, but there are rules against the double accounts. I don't consider rule breaking as drama, either. Rules are rules, if people don't want to follow them, then they should go someplace else. When a post comes up, I give an opinion, simple as that.

@StarzAbove I did read your opinion and I have no problem with it, but there are rules against the double accounts. I don't...

I'm glad we are in agreement. As I said, my comment wasn't directed at you or anyone else, so i hope you didn't take it as such. pce smiliepce smilie

@JPMatthews I'm glad we are in agreement. As I said, my comment wasn't directed at you or anyone else, so i hope you didn't...

I didn't, I just took it as your opinion which you are entitled to.... I never have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions, that's what this site is all about. hug smilie

@2465922

Behave yourself. lol

@2465765

Of course I'm not saying that. If I meant that I would have used those words. I just think people here spend an abnormal amount of time complaining about things that are really not that important. That's just my opinion. I don't come here looking for things to complain about, and I find it very interesting that many do just that. Again, just my opinion. and it isn't directed at you or anyone else in particular.

@2465977

We know how nasty some socks can be, and I don't feel it's complaining when we post about socks. It's what all of us should be concerned about.

I do think that those that feel it's OK to have multiple accounts are probably the ones that do have them, in my opinion.

@2466114

I agree, take for example the sock that appeared today and caused trouble. Those are the kinds of socks I detest.

The Amirite Rules are listed at the bottom of this page, Maybe everyone who is OK with the double accounts need to re read the rules. Here's what it says about two accounts:

You are only allowed to have one account. You are not permitted to use any other account(s) to vote on, favourite, comment on or otherwise influence the score or popularity of your posts, comments, topics or profile. If you are found to have breached the rules on any of your accounts, all accounts associated with you will be suspended.

"Trolling" (that is - intentionally saying things you know people will disagree with, possibly in order to spark an argument) is not permitted.

I'm fairly certain, that at least few members here have more than one account. People have been "banned" for far less than what some members still here do on a regular basis. IF a banned member wants to come back, it is no concern of mine.

IF the rules were enforced equally many people still here would be "banned". I seriously doubt, that few if any people actually know if a relatively new 'face' is a so-called "sock" or not. If they vote up their comments, I figure it's because they like or agree with what is being said.

Rules are rules. And Amirite rules say only one account per member. So all socks should be removed as soon as they are found. I've found that socks are only here to stir the pot against legitimate members, stalk and harass others.

Management is very good about catching them and deactivating them. One sock who has been here for a long time, reported many times has now been shown to the trash bin.

Yeah lots of socks have been thumbs downing me and voting against my stuff. I know because only like two names are listed for the NO answer and there are like 5 for the yes and the nos are still winning

@TomboyJanet Yeah lots of socks have been thumbs downing me and voting against my stuff. I know because only like two names are...

That's exactly what they do. They pick out those they don't like or their friends don't like and they diss and harass them. Just yesterday two of my friends left because they were being harassed.

@StarzAbove That's exactly what they do. They pick out those they don't like or their friends don't like and they diss and...

Yeah I'm pretty sure they swarmed the Breitbart post because there aren't enough disagree votes to account for the proportion. When I was on soda head some demented little rat-donkey named OFC stalked me, bullied me, harassed me, and said HORRIBLE despicable things about my dad and the time I was raped, using a total of at least 7 accounts in a row like a predator stalking me, circumventing bans, Making more accounts to get around my blocks, by the end I got banned for ripping him a new one in a post and so I did just the same damn thing he did I came back with a vengence. But it's his fault I can't access my pms i ntime to dig up an email address of a tomboy I met but left long before the site locked up so if he's still ghosting around watching me like the rapist he is at heart, I just want him to know that he is a CREEP and his obsession is NOT what normal human beings do, and I hope only the worst for him believe me. Karma will catch you bitch and you will burn

@TomboyJanet Yeah I'm pretty sure they swarmed the Breitbart post because there aren't enough disagree votes to account for the...

No one can access anything from SH. It's dead to all of us.

I don't blame you for being upset. For those that seem to be OK with sock accounts, evidently haven't had any problems with these vicious socks before or they would be thinking differently.

@StarzAbove No one can access anything from SH. It's dead to all of us. I don't blame you for being upset. For those that...

I hated it it reminded me of right after I was raped. I felt trapped. Like no one would even TRY to help me they'd just say "BIG DEAL".

OFC pushed me so far from ever agreeing with his side of the political Dial he probably undermined every point he tried to make with me

@TomboyJanet I hated it it reminded me of right after I was raped. I felt trapped. Like no one would even TRY to help me they'd...

Did you block and report him? I was stalked and harassed but SH took my reports seriously and that jerk was banned.

@2465737

I don't normally reply to anon posts, but I couldn't resist this one. Socks are those who have been deactivated permanently, we know that for a fact. If they had behaved themselves, followed the rules, they would still be here. But after being banned why would anyone even want to come back to a site that doesn't want them?

And they are very easy to find. First clue: They usually block me right away. lol Second clue: They gravitate to their old friends. lol Third clue: They soon show their true nasty colors. lol

@2465769

That's something else they do. They pretend to be new but yet they know how to navigate this site, how to add graphics, how to post and who to befriend or not to befriend. lol

YES----

Especially in the winter. Cold without socks

Wow...there must be something in the water & I sure they hell ain't drinking because it turns people in to judgemental asses worried about that someone else is doing oh wait that always been going on, my bad.

Every time someone new comes to this site doesn't mean they are a damn sock account. Here is a big news flash if ya worry more about yourself & less bout the ones you are feuding with you will have a happier life. Just saying.