If people from NY can make it anywhere how come I can't move to LA?

Sure LA's weird and twisted but I kinda like that about it. NY is too...straight for me it's too sturdy and monochrome

Image for post If people from NY can make it anywhere  how come I can't move to LA?
TomboyJanets avatar Travel
9 38

First let me say that I hate Frank Sinatra songs. Hate. Anyway, I bet many New Yorkers could not make it in, say, the slums of Lagos.

@2465814

Stupid story. My brush with fame was with Liza Minnelli, though I was too young to remember.

My family went to the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal, and allegedly a drunk Liza Minnelli cornered me in an elevator and told me I was cute. I was probably petrified.

@2465771

Yeah I prefer that more laid back life. I hate the hustle and bustle up here. I'm not a busy businesswoman who wants to crunch numbers all day. Besides I hate any temperature below 50 degrees

If you are looming for an affordable wonderful place, try wilmington north carolina. The beaches are unspoiled, the people are kind and the fishing is fabulous. Dont know about derby tho

@2465974

I lived on wilminton for bout 7 years. Used to go down there when company came from home. Go to hard rock for a hoot. Havent been back since 2006 tho....really miss it

@Carla If you are looming for an affordable wonderful place, try wilmington north carolina. The beaches are unspoiled, the...

Sadly It is a conservative state, and thus I could not live there under their laws and possible persecution of my Girlfriend. And their trans bathroom thing.....nuh uh

@TomboyJanet Sadly It is a conservative state, and thus I could not live there under their laws and possible persecution of my...

I lived in nc for over 20 years. First winston salem, then charlotte, then wilmington. This transgender bathroom thing is fucked up. But i have to say. I came from an industrialized state. When i moved there with my girlfriend i decided to lived my life, out and proud. Thiscwas in the early eighties. We were embraced by a huge lgbt community. Our workplaces were accepting and we prospered. Of course there was predudice, but it WAS the eighties.

But i certainly get your reasons to stay away. California is most definately a more progressive place to be. I love it there too. I hope you get there if thats were you want yo be....

Lol Janet. So true. You can make it anywhere...I hear they have great roller derby in LA...heck...they have great everything...

Tired of the winters, huh?

You can; it just might take some time to find a good job and place to live. You'll need to save up a few thousand.

You can do it Jan, you're smart and resourceful, I can see you living anywhere you put your mind to :)

Oh why can't you move & make it there?

@Lil_Princess Oh why can't you move & make it there?

I don't actually know what I'm good at to get a job in. To be honest I can't work in an office I'd probably go crazy and burn the place down, so I need to figure out what ELSE there is for me

@2466127

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN oh yeah true :P But LA beats the pants off of NY any day! NY is old news, cold icy disnelyandless, LA is the escape NY is the literal cold hard reality. It's like LA is art class or recess or gym and NY is math class

@2466182

go home freeranger you're drunk :P

California - land of nuts and fruits. The nuts have taken over the government, and the fruits have taken over the streets.

And burglars. The living is easy, but it's awfully hard to put up with the nuts and fruits and burglars all the time.

If I were to leave NY for the Land of the Fruits and the Nuts, I think I would prefer San Francisco to LA.

Of course, housing costs there are even more insane than in downstate NY.