+10

Wallpaper still hasn't come far enough. The day Wallpaper is easier to deal with is the day I might start liking it.

Wallpaper...shudder used to be such a big feature in days of yore - think Cabbage roses. Now, however...an avante garde feature wall with some wallpaper of interesting design...okay...I can get on board with that... Remember, though...you put it up...eventually you need to take it down...don't do what I did... A paint-over...ha.

Image for post **Wallpaper still hasn't come far enough.** //The day Wallpaper is easier to deal with is the day I might start liking it.//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
7 24

Ive torn out so many rooms of wallpaper. Would never put it up. You can do far more with paint and textures and thats easier to change. Less expensive too.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Ive torn out so many rooms of wallpaper. Would never put it up. You can do far more with paint and textures and...

No kidding. And these days you can manipulate paint enough to come up with patterns and different designs.

But my aberrance of wallpaper comes from putting it up for mum. The cabbage roses.

Some ppl derive comfort from images of their background...the thought of cabbage roses might bring up feelings of security...peace. It backfired on me.

There's a post in that. Ha.

@Sukiesnow No kidding. And these days you can manipulate paint enough to come up with patterns and different designs. But my...

I never heard of "cabbage rose" so I looked it up. I have seen a lot of furniture that looked like that, but never wallpaper. All the wallpaper I have seen was not that interesting.

I'm scared to even try putting it up.

@2465925

Oui.

And those ppl who say...oh, it's not that bad...really, all you have to do is: Blah blah blah...are ppl who also like making salads...washing and drying every leaf.

Honestly, I haven't had to deal with wall paper that much. Most of what I've dealt with is simply paint, or wood.

Do you know if wraps are the same thing as wallpaper? Or is it something different? Because I've loved some of the looks of wall wraps.

brick wrap

@Zolfie Honestly, I haven't had to deal with wall paper that much. Most of what I've dealt with is simply paint, or wood...

Yes... Interior Designers are doing one wall these days...it also takes the place of Art...

You had a post on that, too didn't you?

But still it is a wall that might only last for 5 years until people grow tired of it...and it comes time to take it down. That's the part I dislike...

@Sukiesnow Yes... Interior Designers are doing one wall these days...it also takes the place of Art... You had a post on...

Well I like the art side of it, and think they can look awesome. Especially those last two.

Yup, I had a post like those.

I'm not sure if I've get tried of an awesome graphic. Of course... it would have to be awesome.

@Zolfie Well I like the art side of it, and think they can look awesome. Especially those last two. Yup, I had a post...

Yes..you certainly would...and it's starts looking dated and has yellow/brown first spots over it.

Now how do you feel...?

@Zolfie If that happens then you'd be right. I wouldn't want it up.

It will start happening within 3 years...by 5 you'd be ready to change it but reluctant to do all the work. So it gets put off for another 2 years...

Now...what do you do? First of all...take pics which will last longer...

@Sukiesnow It will start happening within 3 years...by 5 you'd be ready to change it but reluctant to do all the work. So it...

I was hoping they might have some longer lasting ideas today.

But what do I do? ... listen to Sukie-right-now and don't get it in the first place ;-)

@Zolfie I was hoping they might have some longer lasting ideas today. But what do I do? ... listen to Sukie-right-now and...

Ha... No...they are good ideas...but just don't go in thinking that's it...it's done...no more work.

@Zolfie Okay :) ... I'll remember it'll be more work as well.

That's the hard part. But some things are worth it...:)

Like that backdrop of the trees... Dreamy.

@Sukiesnow That's the hard part. But some things are worth it...:) Like that backdrop of the trees... Dreamy.

Some things are worth it.

Yeah I liked the trees, but I think I liked the trees in my other post more. But maybe it's just the sun shine coming through better, that I like.

Of the ones above, I love the river and sky/moon one for the bedroom.

And the one below is just a beautiful picture

@Zolfie Some things are worth it. Yeah I liked the trees, but I think I liked the trees in my other post more. But maybe...

The sky/moon one would be great for the bedroom.

To tell the truth...feng sui dictates that you should not have art hanging above your head in a bedroom, anyway. It's about the fact that it's always poised to fall on you...it could be lightweight art or heavyweight...it could never happen...but with an earthquake or a house shift...there is a threat...the possibility of a threat is something no one wants to sleep with...

@Zolfie Do you follow feng sui?

I've taken courses, yes. It's very difficult to follow the true feng Sui...the star methods...the true Chinese method...so I simply integrate all I've learned....

The "true method" involves taking out and using your compass quite frequently... It got a bit obsessive so I stopped.

About what I said about having Art hanging over your head while you're sleeping...that is also common sense...

Why? Do you have an interest as well? You can PM me if you want. :) Charming.

Yes.. I love that tree art, too. Wall-Art like that might be good for an office...where your back is to it...and you aren't always staring at it....

Kids' bedrooms are also a good spot. Picture a gigantic bunny rabbit nibbling a carrot...on one wall.

Having to stare at something all day can get distracting.

Fights have started that way in the open office concept. Some guy posted soft core pics of women...but everyone was passing by...no once can avoid it...it came to an argument...ha. And? Everything got taken down.

I don't have to go out right now... I thought today was Monday. (Sheepish)

Yippee. So I can post more questions...:)

@Sukiesnow Yes.. I love that tree art, too. Wall-Art like that might be good for an office...where your back is to it...and...

I think they would be nice to have as you wall through the house or something.

Yeah I don't believe you should have soft core stuff up,in a business place, because sooner or later someone will be upset by it.

Glad you don't have to go :)

Oh I would rather just paint & use a border around the room