People in the very far off future will look at our current cartoons and think things like superheros were the gods we worshiped.

I am wondering if civilizations like Egypt fell only to be found in our times, maybe none of that Egyptian writing was about real life but stories and entertainment only? . Will the people in our far future forget about what was real and find so many pictures of superman - spiderman superwoman, that they will think those cartoons were really our gods and think people really looked and lived like that?

Image for post People in the very far off future will look at  our current cartoons and think things like superheros were the gods we worshiped.
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Technology
6 22

So Buddha, Hari Krishna, Mohammed, Zulu the Sun God, Horus, and Jesus were action heroes?

interesting thought... humans today make such interpretations to ancient stories that we have found by today. i don't see why humans far off in the future wouldn't do the same.

With the way things are going there won't be any humans in the far-off future to make such interpretations.

@PhilboydStudge With the way things are going there won't be any humans in the far-off future to make such interpretations.

I think there will be some maybe from another world? Or if humans all die - how could all humans be killed? We are a persistant bunch and bred almost as fast as rats :) some other intelligence will come into being sometime somehow.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I think there will be some maybe from another world? Or if humans all die - how could all humans be killed? We...

The only think I can say about our extinction is that it seems inevitable. There have been five known mass-extinctions in the Earth's history, and some people believe we're seeing the beginning of a sixth. Will Homo sapiens be lucky enough to survive the next mass-extinction is anybody's guess.

It is a curious feature of our existence that we come from a planet that is very good at promoting life but even better at extinguishing it.
-Bill Byrson

They'll also wonder if aliens helped build our large buildings.

@DandyDon They'll also wonder if aliens helped build our large buildings.

Oh yes DD I bet they would but the current buildings would never last as long as the pyramids have

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Oh yes DD I bet they would but the current buildings would never last as long as the pyramids have

I know...

They would find a couple of the crumbs from buildings and be able to produce a life size holographic reproduction..

Using a biological vision app..

WEll I know that the lincoln memorial will definitely be thought of a s a temple. It looks like one in every way and there is nothing about it that distinguishes it from say a temple dedicated to Zeus or Aphrodite

Tomboy - you think that? I was there and it seemed tall but not large enough to be a temple. Maybe it was a busy day and too crowded. I traveled there with a guy from africa, Interesting weekend but very busy trying to see everything in such a short time.

If we are still here.

@2467546

You're welcome.

maybe. its intereting to consider

I don't think so.

You don't have to read many pages in history to realize that the sky above the Earth looked very different just a few thousand years ago. You might wonder why the ancients named their god after a planet that most people now can't even point to. Well, they were quite explicit about that: they didn't worship gods named for planets, they worshiped the planets. In ancient days, Jupiter and Saturn dominated the sky, and Venus and Mars put on quite a show for a long time.

Here is a careful investigation of ancient myths and legends, considering stories in hundreds of languages from all over the world and going back to 10,500 BC. It is very long, and it is still in progress. saturniancosmology.org/

Here is a video presentation: www.thunderbolts.info/wp/resources/
Clips: www.youtube.com/results?search_query=symbols+of+an+alien+sky

Wow that was a lot of reading, interesting but so hard to read the small print.

Anonymous