+15

Modern mainstream music is a cancerous tumor inside of the music industry. Pop, rap, electronic club crap, you name it. It's mostly mindless party music with absolutely no substance. Music nowadays is all about the image and the culture surrounding it. It barely has ANYTHING to do with music. Mainstream "artists" make thousands of dollars promoting arrogance or partying and it's disgusting how many people pander to them.

CiscoKarpes avatar Music
3 24

I had this theory that all music genres are merging. Everything is like dancepunkhiphopemotechnodubstep and country music sounds like pop and rock is practically extinct.

I've noticed that too - that modern music seems very arrogant and w/o substance. It's like the audio version of twerking.

@faceman I've noticed that too - that modern music seems very arrogant and w/o substance. It's like the audio version of...

Twerking hurts oww like really its one of those "fuck your well being as long as boys like it" bullshits

I just listen to whatever I like. To each their own.

Adele is considered mainstream - I don't see how she's party music with no substance or about arrogance that doesn't care about her music. Actually, her most popular songs have nothing to do with such topics.

Just because some mainstream artists are about such things, it doesn't mean all are. Also, just because one artist has a song that fits such topics, it does not mean all their work is the same. So, nope.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +2Reply

That's why i go to Youtube and listen to hits from early 2000's

Don't have the slightest desire to listen to it..

That shit gives me a headache..

well their are a few good pop songs, real rap is good,

Ya know, people said the same sorts of things about rock & roll. My complaint about what I hear now is that it is insipid. We have "outlaw" stations and "gospel" stations, and "

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree +1Reply
@2467201

The preferred instrument for R&R was the saxophone. All that other stuff was called "rock" because people were too lazy to think of a new name for it until "rap" came along.

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree 0Reply

well their are a few good pop songs, real rap is good, but for the most part I agree with you

Right! And they breed like rabbits too!

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree 0Reply

Not only that but a lot of these mainstream "artists" end up selling fucking Pepsi or shoes or some other fucking stupid product with their image. I can't believe people have no qualms listening to the same mainstream "musicians" who star in commercials for bullshit products. Thanks Lady Gaga now I want fucking Pepsi. What a joke.

Anonymous