Zolfies avatar Sports
11 77

I'm a fan of an NFL team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 years. I'll still watch an NFL game if I have nothing else going on, but for the most part the games are not all that entertaining to me lately.

@PhilboydStudge I'm a fan of an NFL team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 years. I'll still watch an NFL game if I have...

Yeah I had to look that up... the Bills?

Yeah I have felt bad... I got some friends that were Bills fans... I think they made a mistake by kicking out the coaches and bringing in Rex Ryan... especially since Jim Schwartz (who I don't personally like, but I can respect his defenses) had such a very dominant defense going.

And sounds like they don't know what is going on now... not even the GM.

@Zolfie Yeah I had to look that up... the Bills? Yeah I have felt bad... I got some friends that were Bills fans... I...

Yes. They have not put a very entertaining product onto the field for about two decades now.

I watch Canadian football.

@Sukiesnow I watch Canadian football.

Do you have a team you always root for? :)

@Zolfie Do you have a team you always root for? :)

Either the Argos or Ti-cats...

Tell the truth I don't watch football all that much.

@Sukiesnow Either the Argos or Ti-cats... Tell the truth I don't watch football all that much.

That's alright. I had to look up what the Argos were and why they call them the Ti-cats instead of just Tigers (because the Tigers and Wild Cats teams joined together to form the Ti-Cats).

The games are on at my house, but I'm not interested in them. Although today at the grocery store I was in a conversation with some guy....a stranger...who is a Packers fan....and he's telling me that the Packers are gonna win the Super Bowl. lol

@2467696

Tom who?

Falcon's General Manager Tom Dimitroff?
Steeler's Head Coach Mike Tomlin?
Packer's Associate Head Coach Tom Clements?
Chief's TE coach Tom Melvin?

Yeah Melvin has done a great coaching up TE Travis Kelce, the best TE in the NFL hehe smiliemaniac smilie

@2468126

Tom Brady? ... who? never heard of him. wink smilie

PS: I'm just playing around, I know everyone you mentions other than Mitchell. Though I don't know that much about Hogan (other than the Bills stupidly released him) ... and the Bears (again) stupidly got rid of a talented TE with Bennett (Greg Olsen was first). They got a steal with Bennett and Floyd.

Isn't Gronk on the IR and done for the year?

@StarzAbove The games are on at my house, but I'm not interested in them. Although today at the grocery store I was in a...

I don't think they will, but they seem to be the hottest team and might have the best QB in the game... but I'm not sure they have the best team.

@Zolfie I don't think they will, but they seem to be the hottest team and might have the best QB in the game... but I'm not...

I was told that one of their main players was hurt in last Sunday's game....some busted ribs. ?????

@StarzAbove I was told that one of their main players was hurt in last Sunday's game....some busted ribs. ?????

Yeah their best WR got fractured ribs when the other team made an illegal by 1) leading with the crown of his helmet and 2) hitting a defensive less WR

@StarzAbove If it's illegal can they do anything about it?

The refs can throw a flag (which they didn't... they missed that one).

And the NFL can fine him... (they normally don't suspended for this type of thing unless it's head shots or LOTS of repeated hits of the same thing).

Other than that, no nothing can be done... and he just has to heal.

@StarzAbove That's a shame. But I guess it's all part of the game.

IMO leading with the helmet into the body on purpose is not a part of the game... but you have to live with some of those jerks that think it's okay to use illegal hits.

I say it's on purpose, because the WR jumped in the air and couldn't move as he was coming down and the defensive player hit him.

@StarzAbove I was told it was done on purpose, too. That player should be kicked out of the game.

Yeah, but that's not quite how it works... a lot worse hits have happened and not gotten players kicked out.

Such as the same type hit but to the head instead of the ribs... I STILL think the NFL needed to be sued for not suspending this one player a hell of a lot sooner and he did it A TON!

@StarzAbove I agree. Isn't there a rule about unnecessary roughness? If not, there should be.

Yes, but tackling and hitting are necessary roughness... and it's unfair to ask the refs to call all that stuff on the fly with 6 (or how ever many of them there are) and 22 players on the speed going full speed.

@Zolfie Not a fan? ...

Yes, when he was with the Colts. lol

@StarzAbove I prefer him in his Colts uniform.

Well the top pictures is him in his uniform looking right at you xp smilie

@Zolfie Well the top pictures is him in his uniform looking right at you...

We see him all the time on TV. He has a hospital in Indianapolis named after him, so he comes back quite often for programs that are going on there.

@Zolfie That's cool! I didn't know he still had things going on there.

He is very well like and respected here. We hated to lose him.

@StarzAbove He is very well like and respected here. We hated to lose him.

Everyone especially maybe the owner, but he's a little crazy.

@Zolfie Everyone especially maybe the owner, but he's a little crazy.

Not only crazy but he was arrested for drugs about a year ago.

@StarzAbove Not only crazy but he was arrested for drugs about a year ago.

I know, he had a couple of things happen, and I thought the NFL might take his team away if he kept it up... but something finally got to him, where he seemed to start (at least publicly) attempting to clean up his act.

@StarzAbove Money talks.

Yes it does... and I'm sure someone leaned into him threatening to take some of it away and he straighten up.

@StarzAbove Actually, I've heard that his daughter handles all of his business dealings.

Oh inside info? ;)

Yeah with his twitter skills, I knew he probably wasn't doing most of his business dealing with other businesses.

The Steelers are looking good!

@2467580

And Yankees for Baseball? ... you know only the teams that win champions a lot? :P =/

@2467580

Congratulations on the Clemson win! I wanted to watch the game, but we don't have ESPN. cry smilie

@2468104

I misunderstood your comment. I thought "Roll Tide" mean "Tide, let's roll". If you're a 'Bama fan you have my sincere condolences.

Sure do..

@2467693

I have trouble watching the pro bowl... shock smilie

I miss those silly pro challenges, where they would take some pro-bowlers to some islands and have them compete in silly camp type games.

Like running laps on a track, weight lifting, jet skis, other silly things... and always finished with a tug of war and other type stuff. Much better than the pro-bowl to me.

Though the pro-bowl is complete flawed from the start with the labels being wrong.

3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE are both edge rushers, and they wrongly have them in different pro-bowl groups...

Same with 3-4 DE and 4-3 DTs are both interior DTs.

And back-ups have been voted to the pro-bowl like Jeff Saturday, left the Colts and went to the Packers, got beat out and was their back-up and got voted to the Pro Bowl...

@2468130

But the Super Bowl is the last game of the season (now)...

And I've seen too many pro-bowl games where the players weren't having fun... they were just going through the motions for the free trip...

@2468138

I can understand why... the Patriots don't want to see the Giants in the Super Bowl wink smilie.

Though I'm a Packers fan... so I haven't liked seeing the Giants in the playoffs either... as they comes to GB and beat the Packers and then go on to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Happy to get that monkey off our back... though I dislike Vikings, Seahawks and Cowboys... so I'm hoping the Packers out last all of them especially since they're facing the Cowboys next.

@2468161

I have no idea how that one is going to turn out... I'm not sure if the Packers can stop the Cowboys running attack, and if the Packers make no mistakes... then I don't see how they can stop the Packers passing attack.

Though the Packers offense has had troubles with their own mistakes... which has stopped them from having a complete good job... but other times they've been read hot.

I feel like the Texans offense is going to run into a brick wall... though their defense is pretty talented.

@2468172

Yeah they suck, but they give great effort especially ILB Sean Lee, who has lots of speed. A few mistakes such as dropped balls or something... can change this whole game as the Cowboys won't have to pass as much.

Who do you think Steelers @ Chiefs?

I think the Falcons and Seahawks will also be an offensive showing... since the Seahawks lost their star that held everything together in the back end in FS Earl Thomas.

Falcons are going to be pressing that deep ball all game long and have so many weapons that they're going to get in some of the time.

And can the Falcons stop the Seahawks RB?

@2468199

I'm an Andy Reid fan... I have no idea who's going to win the Chiefs/Steelers... great LB cores and pretty good DL and DBs... Steelers have a great WR and RB... Chiefs have a great TE. It's going to come down to who makes more mistakes.

I'll be cheering for the Falcons too... I think the Falcons have the advantages since FS Earl Thomas went down. The Falcons OC should/will be a head coach soon.

@2468207

So you have all of the home teams winning again? Two weeks in a row? That just seems too weird to me.

I got Patriots and Falcons... but I think one of the road teams will win too. Lets go with Packers because... you know wink smilie.... a smilie

No idea for the Steelers/Chiefs... I guess I'll go with Chiefs because they're the home team and because it's so dang noisy there.

Not really. I'm aware of who is playing and sometimes will just check on a score. I was rabid about it in the 70's when the dolphins were so great. It's kind of gone downhill since then.

Got an NFL game pass. Go Packershttp://data.amirite.net/user_images/5875228705c5a.jpg

I enjoy football. No other explanation is needed.

I'm not at all into competitive sports.

@Zolfie What about UNcompetitive sports?

I haven't done any of that in ages. Most anything I do, now, is geared toward self improvement.

Good post, by the way :)