+11

Are the President-Elect's tweets for real? Meryl Streep is overrated? Either Trump is a genius, or we just elected someone who is emotionally unqualified to be the President, Amirite?

Perhaps Trump uses Twitter to distract the citizenry from more important issues, like Senate Confirmation hearings.

Stephen King on Twitter: "Trump's response to Meryl Streep--childish, churlish, petulant--is exactly why most Americans fear his presidency. Emtoionally unqualified."“Trump's response to Meryl Streep--childish, churlish, petulant--is exactly why most Americans fear his presidency. Emtoionally unqualified.”https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/818507527474319360Image for post Are the President-Elect's tweets for real?  Meryl Streep is overrated?   Either Trump is a genius, or we just elected someone who is emotionally unqualified to be the President, Amirite?
PhilboydStudges avatar Countries & Places
9 69
The voters have decided that PhilboydStudge is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

His tweets are real and they prove that he is unfit to be our president. He can't stand it when someone speaks the truth about him. It's not whether she is a good actress or not, the question is: Should Trump have been elected President and the answer is NO!

@2467948

Exactly, that had been in the works since 2015...but yet
Trump wants to take credit of it.

@2467962

It's about time. He's been doing it for months.

@2467966

They will never admit they are wrong, the same way they will never admit that they were wrong about President Obama. He turned out to be a good president and is leaving office with a high favorability rating and so is Michelle.

@2468179

I was listening to the confirmation hearings a few minutes ago, and one of the Senators was asking the FBI, Comey if he would release that information PRIOR to January 20. But the FBI said no. So there is something pretty bad about Trump that they are refusing to release until after he is in the White House, when there is nothing that can be done about it. How crooked is that?

@2468197

The commentators on, I think it was CNN, brought up the fact that Russia probably has some dirt on Trump. If that is so, then the FBI should release it before he becomes president.

Of course, Trump just had to come roaring back. He couldn't let that one go.
Look, the fact that Trump mocked the disabled reporter in the first place should have convinced anyone, who has any common sense, that he was mentally unhinged

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@2468918

SIX times has he declared bankruptcy, leaving others to hold the bag.

And pray tell me, just exactly what is Trump's worth? You must be the only one who has seen his tax returns.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2469089

Thanks for bringing up "foundations", since it has been reported that Trump is robbing from his own. Never contribute a dime of his own money, and used other people's for his own expenses.

See why those 'pesky tax returns' are so helpful?

@2469100

Thanks cutie, but why leave the country for a measly four years? Actually two, when you factor in the impeachment.

@2469110

Nobody is forcing you to reply, but don't expect me to not answer back in the face of pure BS.

You honestly think there will be no problem with Trump's business ties, diplomats staying at his hotels, or his creepy fondness for Putin?

You don't think other things will come crawling out of Trump's closet?

And do you really think your party will stay in control of the Senate come 2018?

Do you really think we (Democrats) would stand by and let this happen?

Think again.

@2468362

Its o film. The fact that he dismisses it as a coincidence is absurd

@2469863

Show me other times he used those exagerated motions while repeating what the repirted said

@2468362

There are many many many other copies.

Have fun.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34930042

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2469878

Once again, look at the damn video.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 Of course, Trump just had to come roaring back. He couldn't let that one go. Look, the fact that Trump mocked the...

The excuse is that he wasn't attacking the deformed reporter because he's deformed - when he mocks people, he normally does the hands-thing. Go see Trump making fun of Cruz. He did something similar.

I just think it's interesting that their explanation for him not making fun of the reporter for his deformity in his hands, it's because that's just how he makes fun of people in general. That people don't see the problem in that defence and accept that as appropriate behaviour of the President Elect just says a lot and it's not good.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PhilboydStudge From TheOnion. **Report: It Still Nowhere Near Okay To Act Like Donald...

I normally do a double take at anything coming from Onion. That being said, that's exactly my point. That anyone can see this as acceptable just baffles me.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +1Reply
@dru18 http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34930042 Tell me that there is no difference.

I'm not sure you understood what I said.

His people and the people blindly believing whatever crap Trump is saying, are the ones using such excuse, to excuse his idiotic behaviour.

I don't buy into that crap. He was mocking the guy appearance, that's quite obvious. But that the people using that excuse didn't noticed how poor that excuse was in the first place and how bad that actually paints Trump, it's what I found interesting. It's like they're jumping from a puddle to the sea. It just gets worse and worse.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Sofia I'm not sure you understood what I said. His people and the people blindly believing whatever crap Trump is...

I did indeed misunderstand, and thanks for clarifying.

How we could have gone from Obama, to this moron, is beyond me.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Trumps tweets would be more of a joke if he didn't use them seriously. But he does, so... there's that.

Meryl's speech was alright - I only thought it was weird her mixed martial arts jab. I mean, that came out of nowhere. The dislike against Hollywood isn't new. People love to hate it and everything related to it. She's not overrated, though. People can dislike her work, taste is taste and everyone's are different, but saying she can't act and doesn't deserve the accomplishments she's got for her acting just doesn't make much sense to me. Just speaking of Sophie's Choice... she can act, period.

Trump has showed himself immature and thin-skinned way too many times for me to think he has any emotional maturity.

Streep shows how smug Hollywood is, and how out of touch they are with Americans.

I never enjoyed Streep as an actress. I like her even less as a political commentator.

@dru18 I am sure she really cares.

You /really// think so? She seems pretty self absorbed to me.

Although, I haven't heard another peep out of her since I posted yesterday.

I've never been impressed with her, or her roles. My wife is not a John Wayne fan (sacrilege). Hollywood is composed of a group of people who have awards to pat themselves on the back claiming how wonderful they are to each other, and nothing more. Great thinkers, they are not. How good they are, depends on how good they are at pretending to be someone they are not.

@JustJimColo I've never been impressed with her, or her roles. My wife is not a John Wayne fan (sacrilege). Hollywood is...

To each his own. Streep has been one of my favorites ever since I first saw her in the Deer Hunter.

I've never understood why anybody even takes note of any actor's/actress' political views. It's not like I'm going to be swayed by Robert De Niro's opinion if it's not intelligent, regardless of how great of an actor I think he is.

Yes, the Academy Awards ceremony (and others) are sort of like get-togethers of the mutual admiration society. That's all fine and good, but I'm not watching.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +2Reply
@PhilboydStudge To each his own. Streep has been one of my favorites ever since I first saw her in the Deer Hunter. I've never...

That's cool. I guess who we like as far as actors and actresses goes, depends a lot on the genre of movies we enjoy. I'm more into sci-fi, comedy and old westerns. LOL

I guess it must be partly due to personal preference. There were years that I thought she was fake fake, fake.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2468152

Those thugs in chicago are not going to run this country.

Thats the difference. When a president thinks like that it gives permission to ignorent non thinking little minded dolts, to do the same

@2468152

Her career is finished up at sixty-seven? Are you her agent? That woman gets roles left and right. And is praised highly in every one of them.

Kellyanne is one of the biggest liars out there, (next to Trump). Every news organization around has been on that story, and yes, even a BLACK Chicago police chief says it is a HATE Crime.

But the thing is, is those four "thugs" aren't going to be president. Only 'thug Trump'.

@2468485

Wow, you don't think people from the "rust belt" go to movies, Broadway productions, or invest in music?

Out of touch, my ass. NOW, the only people who count in this country are the white working class? Don't think so.

I don't vote according to what a celebrity says, but I don't discount them either.

And Obama still proves, from last night, that he still can command an audience, while Trump was making an ass of himself in his much belated new's conference.

@2468152

I saw Hillary as the "devil we know". We elected the other one. We're going with whatever is behind door number three. I'm not at ease with that decision, but it's way too early to judge the Trump administration.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are 0Reply

Trump should only tweet during serious occasions.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply

@2468360

The very fact that he had no personal scandals, articulated well, and has a high three digit IQ.

Sorry that nobody can say the same about Trump.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2469206

Try chance, and keep trying. It only gets funnier.

@2469811

Say what you will about Obama, the man had no personal scandals, whereas Trump is already starting out with a truckload.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous