Why can't you trust people anymore?

People I trust have been lying to me. I found them out and now I have to delete them from my life. This is real sad because I use to go out of my way to help where I can. This is just not fair.

Image for post Why can't you trust people anymore?
eitoks avatar Life
11 24

Eitok - I understand - honesty is a BIG deal for too. I'm sorry someone let you down. Remember though, cutting someone out completely may not be necessary - depending on the relationship to you and circumstances. Just don't entrust the person with anything vital. You already know the person isn't totally honest, maybe you can adjust your relationship to accommodate.

Also, I've found that it's important to let people that are close to me how important I value honesty - and how I abhor deceit. [I think this part of why I love my dogs so much - they have never deceived me.]

another thing, doing things for other people is great - it's real satisfying to help others. Doing it with the expectation of something in return kind of takes some of the shimmer off the good deed I think. Then, 'fairness' becomes a smaller issue as well.

All the best, I wish a happy and prosperous new year!

I have learned by experience, how painful a betrayal of trust is. I do still trust people to some degree, but am more cautious.

Because there are too many untrustworthy people in this world, who lie and cheat all the time. They will tell you what they think you want to hear and then out come the knives to back stab you.

What causes people to stop trusting people today? Learning through experience.

I never was a trusting soul, not even as a child.

I suppose it's our nature, as sinners in a sinful, dying world. If you can forgive their trespasses, then I'm convinced it'll benefit you 100-fold. I'm terrible at forgiveness though, so I'm not a very good example of this.

@faceman I suppose it's our nature, as sinners in a sinful, dying world. If you can forgive their trespasses, then I'm...

Don't you think that forgiveness and trust are two different things? Agree that when you forgive someone, you are the one who benefits. Doesn't mean you have to trust them, though.
Or did I miss the boat on what you're saying?

@beachbum Don't you think that forgiveness and trust are two different things? Agree that when you forgive someone, you are...

I think you're right - trust & forgiveness are two different things. Now that I think of it, there are some people I've forgiven, but will likely not trust ever again.

Because they lie and try to hurt me.

Trust shoukd be earned. When its broken it can only be repaired with time and effort. If you believe the person is worth the effort, do notvthrow them away. But always be vigilent, as they only should get one.

Life experiences

Oh I ask myself that often

Too many selfish crazy evil people.

They're cruel.

Anonymous