SmartAZs avatar Life
3 10

Thanks for posting! I've always loved astronomy and stellar evolution. I had never heard of a "luminous red nova" before today.

@PhilboydStudge Thanks for posting! I've always loved astronomy and stellar evolution. I had never heard of a "luminous red nova"...

That seems a sad thing to me. A whole planet being destroyed, what if that was the only planet that had life besides earth. Plus it shows how we could crash and burn just as easily.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred That seems a sad thing to me. A whole planet being destroyed, what if that was the only planet that had life...

Novae and supernovae are not necessarily bad things. Many of the elements found in our bodies were supposedly created by thermonuclear reactions deep inside stars. If it weren't for novae and supernovae we would not exist.

I don't worry about life on other planets, or of our planet's eventual demise. Our sun isn't supposed to expand to the point of ending all life on this planet for another 5 billion years or so. wink smilie

Nice. Anything newly discovered in the field of astronomy or astrology is always a good thing.

@2468288

To me it's bigger than astronomy.

No worries, don't be afraid of the nova, one good solar flare is all it takes.