Why do you care so much if someone posts with a name or not? Aren't we all anonymous? Do you really think you know your online friends that well? Answer what you like and ignore what you don't. Anonymous people can only post questions. They aren't stalkers or wimps.

Language
3 46

Where have you been for the last months? It's very obvious why people dislike anonymous, and you're twisting it way out of the actual reason.

The anonymous feature, being posts, downvotes, or comments was abused way too much by people who wanted to be assholes to others. Vic has said that Anonymous could be used for fun, and he explained how and I can see how that could work, but that stopped being used like that for some time now. Which is why people simply want to clean their hands off it. It's just another tool that is being abused.

So, your last statement just tells me you don't really know why people are against it in the first place. Way too many anonymous are indeed stalkers and wimps.

@Sofia Where have you been for the last months? It's very obvious why people dislike anonymous, and you're twisting it way...

You nailed it, Sofia. Anon posters just do it to get a reaction out of people, or they are too scared to use their name on a question. Geez, people get a life, grow up.

For months I was stalked by an anonymous person who was jealous of me...well not to anonymous because I knew who the bat shit crazy old battle axe was...it was so humiliating that I just didn't want to leave the site, the bullying almost drove me to the point of ending my own life. I spent a great time as a kid being bullied & while the bruises healed the words have always haunted me. My experience with anonymous comments has been no different.

While I could jump on the bandwagon, I ain't gonna because the anonymous posts I have seen have been harmless. Why hate on an innocent post.

@Lil_Princess For months I was stalked by an anonymous person who was jealous of me...well not to anonymous because I knew who...

I am not hating on innocent posts - I said before, if people want to make anonymous posts that are not messing with people, go ahead. I'll answer if I want, and I won't answer if I don't.

I'm sorry anyone would do that to you.

There are still anonymous posts who are made to just hate on people. You might have those people blocked - I know I have at least one of the ones that uses anonymous in such manner. They are not gone and, I'm sorry, but this is not me jumping on a bandwagon. I've made this opinion for myself, for what I've seen happening. Even if all people were okay with it, I still wouldn't, because this behaviour that I have seen is pathetic in my opinion. And when someone makes a post saying there's no reason to go against it, that there's no real reason to dislike it, that all anonymous have no ill-meaning... I'll have to disagree and explain why.

@Sofia I am not hating on innocent posts - I said before, if people want to make anonymous posts that are not messing with...

Thank ya.

I must have them blocked or thankfully they have me blocked because I don't see a lot of these posts. I always look at the harmless posts as people have their reasons even if I ain't sure what they are.

I don't believe that it should be done to mess with someone. Those posts I don't support but if an anonymous poster wants to know the color of my bathroom, I will answer.

Sometimes I wonder if the harmless posts are cause people have been told their posts are stupid so therefore they want to post but have been bullied in such a way that they are scared to do so. Maybe they don't want to see the awful things said about them.

@Lil_Princess Thank ya. I must have them blocked or thankfully they have me blocked because I don't see a lot of these posts. I...

Imagine like this: if you're bitten too many times by dogs, it will come a point that you will be wary of all dogs, no matter how friendly that dog might seem. If a certain feature is used to "harm" or hate on others constantly, it will come a point that people will not care how harmless it appears, they will want it gone. Honestly, I can't judge that decision. I understand it.

I don't mind harmless anonymous posts, but being honest, I'll probably won't answer any harmless anonymous. That's like talking to a wall. You won't have any conversation with the OP, unless the person decides to reply, but then that kinda kills the point of posting anonymously. That's my take on it.

Cuz I can't block anonymous

@Budwick Cuz I can't block anonymous

You don't have to read anonymous either

@2469280

I'm glad that it doesn't bother you.

For me - I like to 'know' who I'm talking to. But in fact I can't talk to Anonymous - he can't answer - we can't comment anonymously. And, even if we could, how do we know it's the same person?

There are no redeeming features in allowing Anonymous posts and at least a few against it.

I have never understood why anyone would post anon, they can't reply to anyone...so what's the point to just throw out a question.

@TheCensoredBrit So why reply to their posts then?

Hi Benji, I hear you've been posting anon again...you afraid someone is gonna block you? hahahahaha

We have names because it gets to be such a bummer talking about "this one over here" and "that one over there".

Oh exactly. While there has been bad ones in the past doesn't mean they are all that way. Hell if I don't want to answer something I ignore it & move on. I have ignored plenty of post that had names because I simply had no interest in it.