+6

I just need to get this off my chest. It has me fuming! In the news today, and yesterday, and the days before that, we are hearing a lot about the corruption of the intelligence agencies as a whole. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s just crap! It’s not the intelligence agencies, or the agents that work in them that are the problem. Most of these agents sacrifice more and deal with more crap than the average person can possibly imagine. The problem lies at the leadership positions in these agencies. These “political positions” are selected by the president. These people who are appointed, for lack of better words, are “bought and paid for”, and owned by the president or his party. Remember when the Hillary emails were being looked into and the FBI chief was claiming there was nothing there? Remember that it was the “agents” who were angry about the cover-ups and were threatening to go public, even though it would have ended their careers. It was the “agents” who were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements about what they found. Unfortunately, that is what has happened to our intelligence agencies. The leadership of those agencies have just become another arm of the president and his administration, to lie to the American people. Intelligence agents investigate and collect data. Then, it is turned over to analysts. The final reports are provided to directors and agency heads. Those “heads” report what they want to report, and if it isn’t in line with the politics controlling them, it is MADE to reflect the views and outcomes desired.

JustJimColos avatar
1 11

Same thing with the IRS or any other government agency. 'We, the people' are not given a thought.

I'm hoping you are correct. I hope to see some changes and explanations with the new administration.

If we can't trust the CIA and FBI - we're screwed.

@2469429

Linn - Really? It was every intelligence agency in the world that reported that they had WMD. Should Bush have ignored that, is that what you are saying?

@2469534

I don't know about after 2000, but I knew he had WMD during Desert Storm. I personally saw them, in the form of chemical weapons. I saw the chemicals analyzed by a biological warfare unit and I saw them turned over to the UN forces.

@2469959

He didn't turn over the stuff we found to the UN. We discovered it about thirty miles north of Kuwait City during Desert Storm.
I doubt if he had anything to do with the 9/11 attack as well.
Anyone who spent time in the region knows, that if he did have WMD and wanted to hide it, inspectors would never find it. Just another mystery and question that will never be answered.

@2470067

No problem. US military forces turned them over. I always thought it odd that I never read anything about that afterwards.

I understand now, and thank you for explaining it.