It looks like Obamacare is going down. What would you like to see go in the new care health reform bill?

For instance, I would like to see that all medical facilities would have to post the cost of their services/procedures so consumers could make intelligent decisions when having medical procedures done.
Would you buy a car, take it home and then get the bill in the mail two months later?

ozzyboys avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 47

Something that people can read and debate before it is made law. I know, novel concept to the left.

@JustJimColo Something that people can read and debate before it is made law. I know, novel concept to the left.

Really, is the GOP going to let us read and debated on it? And it seems to me the people did vote on it, in the 2012 election.

@dru18 Really, is the GOP going to let us read and debated on it? And it seems to me the people did vote on it, in the...

Perhaps if we, the people, do have discussions about what would be good for us and the country, they will listen. It's better than crying about it.
No, the people did not have the opportunity to vote - remember Nanny Pissylousy, the closed and locked doors,
and the "we won" crow? The people had their say in the 2016 election after years of being ignored.

Don't you find it interesting that the major components of obamacare were not to go into effect until 2014, 5 years after it was passed and 2 years after the following election?

@JustJimColo Don't you find it interesting that the major components of obamacare were not to go into effect until 2014, 5 years...

Don't you find it funny that after SEVEN years of bitching about the ACA, the Republicans don't have a replacement plan in place and ready to go?

@JustJimColo Isn't even more funny that liberals are saying that, BEFORE Trump even gets in office?

Because Trump has been in everybody's face since the election.

McCain said today, that Trump sure seems to want to fight every "windmill" instead of focusing on becoming president. He is waaaaay behind in staffing his cabinet, and won't even communicate with the Republicans on Capital Hill.

@dru18 Because Trump has been in everybody's face since the election. McCain said today, that Trump sure seems to want...

Dru Dru Dru...... The ONLY cabinet position that Trump has not announced a nominee for, is the Dept of Agriculture.

Hmmmm and NOW you start listening to what McCain says? LOL Have you EVER listened to, or cared what McCain has said in the past? (Except when he was bashing Trump?)

@JustJimColo Dru Dru Dru...... The ONLY cabinet position that Trump has not announced a nominee for, is the Dept of Agriculture...

Ah, that is not the ONLY cabinet position.

Actually yes I have. I didn't vote for McCain, but it's hard not to respect the guy.

Not the issue. I think you missed the point of having transparency and competition in today's market through a new health care reform.

I want to see that our Veterans get the best health care

@2469318

Excellent! I'd also like to see Congress on the same health care program that they vote on for us.

I'd like government out of the health insurance business, and certainly out of healthcare itself. We've seen what a lovely job the government has done for our vets! [sarcasm]

Pre-existing condition stuff pulls everyone's premiums higher. So, we're left with either you can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions or you can't get insurance because it's too expensive.

I do understand the hardship on people though too. Someone smarter than me needs to figure this out.

No government mandate.

Consumers allowed to buy across state lines - more competition is better.

@Budwick I'd like government out of the health insurance business, and certainly out of healthcare itself. We've seen what...

All good suggestions. We all should put down that our pre-existing conditions are chronic poorness due to the premiums we have to pay to cover the subsidized health care programs.
Getting rid of the mandate would be a big help.

@2469820

I heard something similar. Our warriors deserve so much better than what they getting now!

@2469820

That would be great.

return it to its former glory

With no replacement plan ready, ObamaCare won't be the only thing going down, the Republicans will be right behind it.

@dru18 With no replacement plan ready, ObamaCare won't be the only thing going down, the Republicans will be right behind it.

DD, you're reading too much Buzz Feed.

There's nothing solidified yet, but Trump doesn't take office for another week.

Speaker Ryan has had a plan since 2009. I think that may be a starting point.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/1...ouse-bill/2520

@Budwick DD, you're reading too much Buzz Feed. There's nothing solidified yet, but Trump doesn't take office for another...

Oh yeah, those old 'tax credits'. Let me see, a family that makes about fifty thousand a year could qualify for a tax credit of five to six thousand. Pretty nice, that is, if you don't need a SURGERY that costs about two hundred grand!

@dru18 Oh yeah, those old 'tax credits'. Let me see, a family that makes about fifty thousand a year could qualify for a...

Hopefully that family would have spent some of the credit on an insurance policy! You know, as it is intended.

@Budwick Hopefully that family would have spent some of the credit on an insurance policy! You know, as it is intended.

I thought that when a person got penalized for not having insurance that the money taken would apply to some sort of insurance. What a disappointment when I learned that was not the case. What's the point of taking money from people who can't afford insurance and not getting them a policy with it? Crazy Ocare stuff!

@ozzyboy I thought that when a person got penalized for not having insurance that the money taken would apply to some sort...

So true. Of course the Obamacare plan had nothing to do with providing proper health insurance - it was a power play, plain and simple - to push toward the single payer.

The comment to DD was in reference to the Republican plan - which hasn't even been proposed as yet. [DD likes to get ahead of things like that.]

@dru18 Still lost in another era I see. What part of not AFFORDING insurance don't you get?

Obamacare made insurance unaffordable DD. Soon Obamacare will be a bad memory and insurance costs will drop. That will indeed be a new era - one without the tyrant Obama.

@Budwick Obamacare made insurance unaffordable DD. Soon Obamacare will be a bad memory and insurance costs will drop. That...

Bullshit. 18 million people have been covered by the ACA.You of course, along with your deity, Trump, want to make sure that "all Americans have access to health care", but that not all Americans can afford it.

@dru18 Bullshit. 18 million people have been covered by the ACA.You of course, along with your deity, Trump, want to make...

Yeah? Well, there's 319 million people in the country. And everyone of them with policies mandated by Obamacare are too expensive, high deductibles, and fewer services available.

Even is everyone was on Obamacare, what good is crappy insurance?

@Budwick Yeah? Well, there's 319 million people in the country. And everyone of them with policies mandated by Obamacare...

No, not "everyone" feels that way. The spike was suppose to occur in 17, and they were upfront about it.

Sure would have been nice if those idiotic Republicans had allowed 'Public Option'.

@Budwick I didn't mention how any body felt.

"And everyone of them with policies mandated by Obamacare are too expensive, high deductibles, and fewer services available."

@Budwick That's simply a fact - no emotion.

A fact only according to you, not the real world.

@dru18 A fact only according to you, not the real world.

Cuz, in your reality everyone kept their doctor? Kept their plan? Had premiums drop by $2,500?

Don't be an asshat DD.

Especially unaffordable for those who have to pay their own, the 18 million who get it now and for the new imports that are brought in daily.

Most ppl I know in the US have their own plans.

@Sukiesnow Most ppl I know in the US have their own plans.

Those people are the ones who's monthly premiums and deductibles have skyrocketed to pay for the ones who now have coverage. It used to be that you paid your premiums and only paid more when you actually used the system. Now, they take their money out every month to cover expenses whether you use your policy or not. That is why monthly premiums doubled or tripled making insurance the second highest expense for workers after a mortgage.