+7

Of all the stages of grief...denial is my favourite. Who doesn't love denial?

Various stages of grief: numbness, shock and denial, pain and guilt, anger and reflection; loneliness, sadness and withdrawal, letting go and moving on...acceptance and hope... (Despair can still happen at any time throughout any stage...for a few years in fact.)

Sukiesnows avatar Relationships
7 17

I don't love it.

Denial is dangerous to our health and well-being.

Denial is an illusion, a lie we tell ourselves that everything is okay. It's also a trap. We can not move on and heal if we live in denial.

Dealing with the pain is the price for happiness. It's worth it.

Sukie, i have experienced too much grief, i dont have a favorite anything regarding the process

I don't...went fishing there once......lots of mosquitoes

@2469930

That usually leads to fishing DENIAL..
smirk2 smiliesmirk2 smiliesmile smiliesmirk smiliesmirk smilie

@2469930

You continue to make a grin vocal

This just isn't an agree or disagree question. I guess denial is sometimes a part of grief in a failing relationship, in a way.

When it comes to a loved one dying, that "denial" part just isn't usually part of most people's emotions, for very long. Not anyone I've known anyway, including me.

@Piper2 This just isn't an agree or disagree question. I guess denial is sometimes a part of grief in a failing...

Yes... Denial is part of the first step. Everything is still very fresh at that stage. According to me.

Just FYI...I think this year is when I post mostly Opinions.

Vic told me that Opinions only existed back in the day...so I figure ppl who don't Agree/Disagree...can use Other to post their Answer.

If Amirite asks me to use both again, I probably will.

@Sukiesnow Yes... Denial is part of the first step. Everything is still very fresh at that stage. According to me. Just...

Okay, Sukie. According to you and Elizabeth Kubler-Ross.

I've felt denial when someone I loved has died or was dying, right in the moment of being there or getting the news. It didn't last long.

I've seen VicZinc's thoughts about Questions vs. Opinions. That has nothing to do my not thinking this is an agree or disagree question.

I don't think I've ever followed those steps. Too much to remember. Just "tie one on".

@faceman I don't think I've ever followed those steps. Too much to remember. Just "tie one on".

Ah yes.. Reminds of a joke. Note: I have Irish ancestry..

What is the difference between and Irish wedding and an Irish wake?

One less drunk guy.

@PhilboydStudge Ah yes.. Reminds of a joke. Note: I have Irish ancestry.. What is the difference between and Irish wedding and an...

I'm part Irish too - and that joke isn't far off the mark. There's always a good time to be had.
puke smilie

In the past I've been able to detach myself from the emotion and pain. Then, rather than having to deal with the grief, it's like I'm watching a sad movie. Perhaps I'm just denying that the deceased meant all that much to me? Don't really know.

Oh well said in your explanation. There isn't a day that goes by I don't feel guilt over my mama. My mama had asked not to be put in a nursing home because she said it would kill her. When she entered the rehab for home wing at the nursing home, I watched her health rapidly declined. When she passed that conversation was all I could think of. My brother from Texas shared that same thought & today we still do.

I still am going through those stages & have yet to move on to acceptance, letting go & moving on. I still find myself trying to call her to tell her something exciting or ask for advice. Its heartbreaking when a stranger answers because reality sets in.

Acceptance is mine

Trishs avatar Trish Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous