+11

So.....the sun came up right before it set. We get very little sun this time of year. Cleared up just in time to let the heat out of the atmosphere. Sun depravation is real.....

Carlas avatar People & Celebrities
11 15

It's real, and it has a name. Seasonal Affective Disorder.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/disea...n/con-20021047

I've got one of those sun-light devices somewhere. Should take it out and try it again.

Starting feb 1st i start going to a tanning bed. Really helps with the blues Not so good for porcelain complexions but im way past that and kind of dark to start with. Sukie if you have a lamp that could help too. Just dont burn yourself

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

I've been cramming these horse pills down, trying to get "the happy" back.

@faceman I've been cramming these horse pills down, trying to get "the happy"...

Dose with vitamine d. It really helps. I dont know your age, but vitamine d leaves us faster as we get older. We absorb it from the sun. Low or no sun makes for :(

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

I live near Cleveland, OH. Besides the fewer sunshine hours found in the northern latitudes, there's something about our geography that keeps us cloudy more often than not. We battle the winter blues every year. I've heard that sun lamps help. If you can motivate yourself to enjoy winter activities like skiing, ice skating, other outdoor activity - I bet that would help too.

Hang in there! Spring is only 65 days away!

@Budwick I live near Cleveland, OH. Besides the fewer sunshine hours found in the northern latitudes, there's something...

Yeah, im anout 400 miles north. I get out for wood chores and a little snowshoeing. But, hate the very cold. So not much. Buy yea for spring, here its more like middle of may

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Yeah, im anout 400 miles north. I get out for wood chores and a little snowshoeing. But, hate the very cold. So not...

I was going by the calendar spring - not the practical spring. It's a habit I developed trying to cheer up my wife who is especially prone to suffering winter blues. I bring her brightly colored flowers and plants (primrose for example that can be planted out later) to brighten her day. Sometimes I need to offer a spring pep talk. Bending the truth by claiming spring is in March helps without actually lying.

We can't think about planting until mid Mat either.

I need THAT!

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
Anonymous