Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
7 27

Okay, i'm trying to understand..

You don't like backing up...so the solution... is to backup?..

@DandyDon Okay, i'm trying to understand.. You don't like backing up...so the solution... is to backup?..

My thought exactly.

I once asked a guy friend why men always back into a parking space - he looked at me with a grin and said 'so we can make a quick getaway'. I always think of that when I see a truck/car backed in.

backing into a parking spot makes it easier to get out, as you can see the uncoming traffic easier. and you don;t have to worry as much about hitting the cars parked beside you

The best is when there are two back-to-back open parking spots. Then you can drive forward through the first and right into the second. That, and having exact change, are two of the best things in (my) life. roll smilie

If i have room i do.

Oh I rarely back in to a parking spot

I do back into my parking spot at work. It's fairly empty when I arrive in the morning, but packed when I leave .... it's easier to get out driving forward. Public parking lots are usually full, so backing in is generally more trouble than it's worth.

So, if you are backing into a parking space, you are still backing up, aren't you???

@beachbum So, if you are backing into a parking space, you are still backing up, aren't you???

yes but it is easier to back into a parking space then to back out of one.

@Anonymousmouse yes but it is easier to back into a parking space then to back out of one.

I'm not so sure I agree - not after seeing people try to back in, then pull up, then back in again, pull up again, and maybe get it right on the 3rd time.

I used to live in Atlanta where they teach bad driving in the high schools. I figure that must be what it is because everybody in the county drives the same way. I watched people trying to back out of parking spaces and I could almost hear the crotchety old school marm yelling "Never turn your steering wheel until you can see bare pavement on all sides of the car!" They would back up a foot and then pull forward a foot. Back and forth, back and forth. Some of them took a half hour to back out to where they could turn the wheel like they knew what they was doing.

Anonymous