I think people have two faces: One that they show others and another that they think they're showing them. What do you think? How many faces does a person have and what are they?

Image for post I think people have two faces: One that they show others and another that they think they're showing them. What do you think?   How many faces does a person have and what are they?
ZaraZoopers avatar Life
6 10

Psychology suggests that the more you are with other people that equals the way you are inside yourself; the more self-actualized you are.

This is what everyone should strive for.

@Sukiesnow Psychology suggests that the more you are with other people that equals the way you are inside yourself; the more...

I haven't done any research on this, but it makes more sense to me to spend time with people different than myself: I know my own values more strongly by comparison and I practice empathy and acceptance by not judging them for our differences

Something I've noticed while I was growing up, how someone acts with their family, inside their own home, and then their friends, it's completely different. They might not even see it, and some are just the same, but I've seen a lot of people that change completely just on those two scenarios. If I have to say, many people have a lot of faces. Family face, friends face, work face and so on. It's not automatically a bad thing. I certainly don't expect people to act with their Bosses the same way they act with their best friend. It doesn't stop being them.

You are talking about a popular meme: "How I think I look - How I actually look".

With me what ya see is what you ya get.

As for other people I ain't sure.