+11

Let me hold the steering wheel, Dad! Isn't this the eternal cry of a child? Your anecdotes please...

Image for post **Let me hold the steering wheel, Dad!** //Isn't this the eternal cry of a child?// Your anecdotes please...
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 21

My mom said no... My dad said yes... For a few blissfull moments I got to steer us down the Rural Route where nothing ever happened...

I mean, seriously, it wasn't as if I hadn't been driving tractors, anyway.

My mom taught me to drive when i 12.

I pulled into the garage, coasting in with my foot on the brake. my little brother, who was in the back seat, screamed STOP, soooo i punched the gas pedal and put the garage block wall right into the basement. Moms brand new LeMans. Oops.

I still got to drive, but never with my brother in the car.

@Carla My mom taught me to drive when i 12. I pulled into the garage, coasting in with my foot on the brake. my little...

They let me start driving at 11, but it was in the middle of 600 acres, away from everything, and on a tractor for 8 hours a day.

@2470694

No need for help anyore. I can drive just about anything, right up your ass. without touching your cheeks!

@Carla No need for help anyore. I can drive just about anything, right up your ass. without touching your cheeks!

Freeranger replied to your comment...he sometimes doesn't know the use of the reply arrow....

My grandpa let me steer as a child. He actually taught me how to drive when I was twelve .... in empty parking lots. a smilie

@JanHaskell My grandpa let me steer as a child. He actually taught me how to drive when I was twelve .... in empty parking...

Fabulous! And why not? One might need a child's help... while having a heart attack...in the middle of driving... Just sayin'.

It's happened.

Dodge Challenger. That's all I can think of right now.
cyc smiliejolly smiliemaniac smilieyum smilie

@faceman Dodge Challenger. That's all I can think of right now.

That's the car in my pic? Nice. Pristine, in fact.

@Sukiesnow That's the car in my pic? Nice. Pristine, in fact.

Yeah. My dad had one just like it (early 70's model I think). His was black with purple tinted windows and had a 4-speed hurst transmission (for quick shifting). I went away for a few months, but when I came back, I found he had traded it for a dumpy old '42 Ford sedan. :|

@faceman Yeah. My dad had one just like it (early 70's model I think). His was black with purple tinted windows and had a...

A menace. Ha. Purple-tinted windows. How avante-garde.

I liked the guys with the cars...eventually tho...you get tired of talking to asses and legs while they are working under the hood...

Some cars, you wouldn't even let you children sit in. I don't care if they are 35.

One of my neighbors parents watched me for a bit, and then the dad took us somewhere and let's us sit in his lap and steer (we couldn't touch the pedals yet)...

My dad gave me practice on a riding lawn mower and then his very old truck around the block a few times (which was annoying because it was four left turns over and over again at a slow speed.