You have just been given a thousand acres of land that you don’t need to pay taxes on but ya can't sell it either, what would you do with it?

Building with 🏩 🎇Team K&J🏩🎇

Image for post You have just been given a thousand acres of land that you don’t need to pay taxes on but ya can't sell it either, what would you do with it?
Lil_Princesss avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 62

Start a self-sustaining farm community to feed and employ as many as possible.

Throw up some condos. Eventually more development...but not too much.

@Lil_Princess Oh that is a nice idea. I would rent from ya.

Thank you darling.

Well. I gathered from your pic that the area is not incredibly picturesque...if there were trees or a stream...hey...that would change my plan.

Now I see there might be an airstrip...that might change my plans from a condo to hotels and eventually an outlet mall.

@2471995

Oh I think that is a fantastic idea. Sometimes I wish I had the money to do something like that.

@2471998

With a thousand acres sukie and i can earmark a few buildings for many homeless. What..a...plan. now where is the land?

@2472007

Sadly now we wait till I win the big lottery.

@2471998

It's heart breaking. We have a small shelter here that I donate goods to when I can.

Depends on the land. Is it swamp? Is it arid? Is it landlocked? Does it need alot of developement to make it buildable? If none of the above, then what sukie said

I'm giving 500 Acres to the homeless. 400 more acres would be given away to people that I decide deserve it. The 100 best will go to Jerry and his selfishness; zip lines, shooting, 4 wheeling,fishing.

@2472156

Oh that's a wonderful way to utilize it. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it

Well since it's already tax-free there's no need to build a church on it.a smilie

I would have figure out my options. I could give some of it to my children. Perhaps I could work out an agreement with the local municipality where they can use it for certain, like a park/camp / fair grounds. I might want to just sell it to a developer.

Build a farm animal shelter on some. Plant crops to sustain the animals on some. Plant trees - I like trees.

@Budwick Build a farm animal shelter on some. Plant crops to sustain the animals on some. Plant trees - I like trees.

Great idea. What is your favorite type of tree? I am partial to Dogwood and Weeping Willows

@Lil_Princess Great idea. What is your favorite type of tree? I am partial to Dogwood and Weeping Willows

Amn, I don't know. Dogwoods are gorgeous in the spring - I like seeing rows of them.

Willows just belong near streams and lakes and ponds. - Gorgeous!

Oaks get so big! They feed the squirrels. Maples have such pretty leaves in the fall.

Pines are green all year!

Birch trees look so formal!

Catalpa has interesting trunks.

Fruit Trees are yummy!

Redwoods are jaw dropping impressive.

How do you pick just one?

@Budwick Amn, I don't know. Dogwoods are gorgeous in the spring - I like seeing rows of them. Willows just belong near...

Good point. As soon as I move I plan on planting one in memory of my mama. She loved Dogwood trees.

@Lil_Princess Good point. As soon as I move I plan on planting one in memory of my mama. She loved Dogwood trees.

Have you ever bought trees from https://www.arborday.org/ ?

They sell itty-bitty trees, dirt cheap. Every one I've planted has survived.

@Budwick Have you ever bought trees from https://www.arborday.org/ ? They sell itty-bitty trees, dirt cheap. Every one...

Oh actually no I haven't. Thanks for sharing the link. I am going to have to check them out.

@Lil_Princess Oh actually no I haven't. Thanks for sharing the link. I am going to have to check them out.

Just think, maybe you'll be able to plant several of those trees in memory to your Mom!

Just follow their planting instructions - easy-peasy.

Well I've got no money to build anything so I'd probably just end up kicking a football about on it. 乂º◡º乂

I'd build a community of small homes for our 'wounded warriors' and/or homeless where they'd have enough land to grow a few community gardens, facilities would be handy for the wounded, a community center with a pool, walking/biking paths, maybe a stocked tank for families to fish, and a small community non-denominational church etc. Rent would be based on ability to pay.

There'd be nothing fancy - just a safe environment for families.

That is sometimes a very real problem. Scottsdale, AZ is a high class town about three miles east-west and thirty or so miles north-south. An Indian reservation runs alongside it, separated by a freeway. The tribes have no clue what to do with that land, other than casinos.

I'd lease it out to someone who would do something productive with it. Farm, ranch, etc.

@2472184

Oh at least you were honest which is always appreciated

Farm Marijuana..

@DandyDon Farm Marijuana..

Oh I think that is what I am gonna do when it becomes legal in Indiana hehe smilie

Turn it into a golf course.

rent spaces on it. That is just what they did in northern maine all around the logging and paper mills. Everyone rented land under there home.