I don't know how to explain this situation. Someone was barely civil to me at one point...but when she saw me in my own milieu...she was suddenly transformed! Couldn't wait to give out enough nice words. A bit much...I thought...

People like that give me the heebie-jeebies and I don't know if I should give them a second chance.

Sukiesnows avatar Music
10 17

I had a neighbor that lived across the street, who barely spoke to me. I had a garage sale when we were moving, she came over and we got to talking, and she told me she had wasted a lot of years, because she liked me a lot and we could have spent a lot of good years being friends. Found out later than another neighbor had said some harsh words about me, which weren't true at all, and she had believed them. That's why I don't pay much attention when someone starts dissing another person, I'll find out for myself if I like that person or not.

@StarzAbove I had a neighbor that lived across the street, who barely spoke to me. I had a garage sale when we were moving...

Something similar happened to me. I was younger, and one of the guys in my class didn't like me that much. I've met some of his female friends, and they later told me when they met me that they really liked me, that I was nothing like he told them I was. I was strangely happy hearing that.

You can forgive them without letting them near you. If your gut is making you unsure, then go with it.

If someone who was formerly barely civil to me suddenly got all gushy, I would wonder what was going on.

That would make me uneasy, but then again... I have trouble accepting compliments.

Ya sounds like a snake in the grass to me. I have been down that path more than once & every time I ended up regretting giving the person a second chance.

Give your hand, but not your arm, and keep a foot back, just in case. That is what I would do.

I'm bold enough to ask, what gives? Normally they fall all over themselves explaining. I still keep a wary eye on them.

Anonymous