Obama Commutes Traitor Manning - Decision Flies In The The Face Of LBGT Patriots

In Obama's final hours in office, he commuted the 35 year prison sentence of Chelsea Manning - a traitor the released thousands of secret documents to Wikileaks and world wide exposure. The inexplicable move brings unwanted negative exposure to LBGT Patriots everywhere. Obama just doesn't get it.

Image for post Obama Commutes Traitor Manning - Decision Flies In The The Face Of LBGT Patriots
33% Obama Needs To Be The Center Of Attention 0% Obama Is An Ass 17% Obama Is A Traitor Himself 0% Obama Is Looking To Fill Michelle's 2020 Cabinet 50% Other
Budwicks avatar Religion
0 18

I'm not easily shocked these days, but this decision did it.

I hadn't heard that yet, and I'm sort of shocked as well.

I wish the President would commute whatever is awaiting Edward Snowden if he returns home. In my mind Snowden is a true whistle-blower. He exposed something the U.S. government did not want its own citizens to know about.

One last thing.. I think a contrary point of view might be useful. I do not know enough about Manning's case to know if this opposing point of view is valid, but for what it's worth..

Chelsea Manning exposed serious abuses, and as a result her own human rights have been violated by the U.S. government for years.. It is unconscionable that she languished in prison for years while those allegedly implicated by the information she revealed still haven’t been brought to justice.

• Margaret Huang, executive director of Amnesty International USA.
@PhilboydStudge I hadn't heard that yet, and I'm sort of shocked as well. I wish the President would commute whatever is awaiting...

A military judge sentenced Pfc. Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison for providing more than 700,000 government files to WikiLeaks, a gigantic leak that lifted the veil on American military and diplomatic activities around the world.

Manning is a traitor serving time. Manning is obviously a confused person. He obviously suffers from some serious emotional issues. He seems to struggle with his gender, his sexuality, his parents divorce and from most accounts of those who knew him, he never seemed to fit in with anyone. None of these things justify his betrayal of confidence.

Phil, To me, Snowden ceased being a whistle blower when he released all of the information he did. Releasing "some" of the information would have maybe been considered informing the public about certain activities. Releasing the vast number of classified documents that it would take a large group of people, years, to even read, was treason. Snowden did not even read or review what he released.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo Obama Is A Traitor Himself +1Reply

I wonder why Obama pardoned him? I don't suppose it had anything to do with...

"... the leaked material, particularly the diplomatic cables, was widely seen as a catalyst for the Arab Spring that began in December 2010..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

Sorry, but I stand with the president. Manning got a brutally USUALLY long sentence for her crime, and has already served seven years.

@dru18 Sorry, but I stand with the president. Manning got a brutally USUALLY long sentence for her crime, and has already...

I think the sentence was pretty light considering what he did.

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were United States citizens who spied for the Soviet Union and were tried, convicted, and executed for conspiracy to commit espionage.

Jonathan Pollard pleaded guilty to spying for and providing top-secret classified information to Israel. He was sentenced to life in prison for violations of the Espionage Act

And the list goes on.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo Obama Is A Traitor Himself +2Reply
@dru18 So you want us to go back to the McCarthy era?

Not the McCarthy Era. Pollard was in the 80's. I can give you many more cases that are very recent if you want, or you can research it. The ONLY two things that made Mannings case make international news was the shear volume of what he gave away and the severe damage it did. That, and of course his sexual preferences which placed him in a protected class.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo Obama Is A Traitor Himself 0Reply
@JustJimColo Not the McCarthy Era. Pollard was in the 80's. I can give you many more cases that are very recent if you want, or...

And she has served seven years. And there are many, if not most, who think the Rosenbergs were railroaded.

@dru18 And she has served seven years. And there are many, if not most, who think the Rosenbergs were railroaded.

He was sentenced to 35 and most of us believe that was way to light.

Really? Giving the secrets of the Atomic bomb to Russia, and you say some people thing thy were railroaded?

@JustJimColo He was sentenced to 35 and most of us believe that was way to light. Really? Giving the secrets of the Atomic...

It was harsher than what most receive for the same offense. You guys just love Wikileaks when it works for your team, don't you?

Yes, the execution was something this country should, and has been, ashamed of.

@dru18 It was harsher than what most receive for the same offense. You guys just love Wikileaks when it works for your...

Dru Dru Dru.... you know what I do in life. I think the founder of Wikileaks should be buried so deep in the darkest dampest cell that they would have to pump light to him until he stopped breathing everyone's oxygen. ( And I have ALWAYS hated it. I don't see it as favoring one side or the other and I happen to hold those who provide Wikileaks their information to an even higher degree of guilt. Without them, there would be no Wikileaks.
As to the death penalty, that is something you and I will just have to agree to disagree on.

@Budwick You agree with Obama?! Shocking!

Don't worry after we give Bergdoff a pararade he to will be pardoned. Soldiers lost their lives searching for his sorry ass. I would hate to be one of the lost men's parents.

Anonymous