+8

You are born gay. Religion is a choice.

There's something to be said here and I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Image for post **You are born gay. Religion is a choice.**
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
13 44

No one ever taught me about what to find attractive or what to like - that just comes naturally. But I was taught about religion, I went to Sunday School, I went to church. No one is born believing in a God or following a specific religion - that is something that people tell you.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +6Reply
@Sofia No one ever taught me about what to find attractive or what to like - that just comes naturally. But I was taught...

Stick around. I could tell you a lot about what "attractive" is...

The fact is: prolly by now you know a lot yourself.

Yes and yes.

Thats all there is to say......except....some are forced to practice there societies form of religion. Whether the agree/believe is not an option.

@Carla Yes and yes. Thats all there is to say......except....some are forced to practice there societies form of...

Yes...true... I was forced to practise a religion when I was born. They never gave us a choice...

Of course that all changed when I became an adult.

@Sukiesnow Yes...true... I was forced to practise a religion when I was born. They never gave us a choice... Of course that...

In some places a person has ro escape or die to leave a religion.

I was fortunate, my parenys put my sister and me in a methodist church when we were little, a least i was. We were given the choice if we wanted to continue. My sister quit going when she was around twelve. I quit when my dad died.

Mom and dad didnt go at all. They just dropped us off and picked us up.

I never knew what my fathers convictions were. But after i was an adult my mom told me she had read the bible and looked upon it as loosely translated history.

Exactly the conclusion i came to on my own.....

I always say that. But people are weird. When you're so convinced something is right even without evidence other that "look at the trees and the eye and the colors man the colors!!" then it's hard to actually argue with you rationally.

@2475947

Brava! You're a good example.

You are how you are born. I was born Gay, but it took a long time before I embraced my true sexuality. Since then, my life has been complete! having a super-hot lover helped too. As for religion, that is something you choose. I was born into a Catholic family, but I do not practice the religion anymore. If anything, I would choose the Jewish religion! That religion is cool, and accepts Gay people.

@Sukiesnow Ha. Your last two sentences... That is not what I'm familiar with.

Have you had an experience with the Jewish religion? I have two Jewish friends who are Gay, and their Jewish friends who aren't don't have any problem with their sexuality. Roman Catholicism, the religion I was brought up in, is another story! Once I came out, most of my Catholic friends wouldn't associate with me. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

@ZeeGee Have you had an experience with the Jewish religion? I have two Jewish friends who are Gay, and their Jewish...

From what I know...Jewish ppl want all their men to get married and have other boys....gays aren't really accepted as much as resigned to....

@2475073

Every person who is actually "gay" was born this way. Some people make a choice to be in a same sex relationship. That doesnt make them gay.

@2475073

Yes...and how unfair is that? To be born into a family with a religion of which you are constantly asking questions that you really cannot ask. Risking disapproval.

I used to wish I was born into Uma Thurman's family.

@Sukiesnow Yes...and how unfair is that? To be born into a family with a religion of which you are constantly asking questions...

I hope they have taken your departure with grace, sukie. You speak of them with obvious affection.

@Carla I hope they have taken your departure with grace, sukie. You speak of them with obvious affection.

Thank you Carla.

They did not and took years to realize it...if indeed they ever will.

Their kindness around it lately has prompted me to think twice...and thrice...still...it's just not me.

You are born, you grow, you make choices.

@JustJimColo You are born, you grow, you make choices.

I was born, ha, but going to church twice every Sunday and once during the week was not my choice. Until I left.

@Sukiesnow I was born, ha, but going to church twice every Sunday and once during the week was not my choice. Until I left.

That's the life of a child Suki. Parent's house, parents rules. (None of us liked following rules when we lived at home) It's like I said, we grow and then make choices. The goal for good parents is to give their kids enough knowledge so they make wise choices.

Exactly, you make your choices when you grow, until then you're forced to take whatever they make you take.

I was born straight.

yup i feel that way too

Why do people keep insisting that sexual orientation is genetic, but gender roles are optional?

Honestly, often religion is not a choice but more of a forced ideology on you and some people can't escape it no matter how much they want to. Just ask the Middle Eastern countries where you will be killed for being an atheist or for being gay, or forced to endure a sex change.

@Sukiesnow Where are they forced to endure a sex change? I never heard of that before....

I think it was soudi arabia, not sure. I heard about it on a youtube facts video years ago

@2475087

You are wrong. Just plain and simple.

You make a choice. You either are or you ain't & you either believe or you don't.