-7

Am I the only one who thinks that strippers and porn stars earn way too much money? There's a lot of stress involved of course but there are people who struggle to feed their families working more than one job who deserve way more money. Stripclubs promote the idea of objectifying women and the girls and the establishment they work for get paid heavily for it. I understand the girls are comfortable with their bodies and their sexuality but it doesn't give the job any prestige whatsoevern

CiscoKarpes avatar Life
1 21

No, I don't think so. It's a job. Just because some people think it's not a decent enough job for themselves, it doesn't mean the people doing it are not earning what they deserve, and it sure doesn't mean it's an easy job. If I'm going to base my opinion on what's easy or not when I'm not living it, not seeing it first hand, I'll base that opinion on the words of the people that live with those jobs, not from the people that are on the outside.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply

Strippers, porn stars. They make what the market demands. Strippers live on tips. The customers decide what the perfomer earns. If you think its an easy job, try it. It is not.

Same with porn stars. The market sets the price. And there is a market. If thats how they choose to earn a living, no one has a right to belittle them. Dont like it, dont watch.

@Carla Strippers, porn stars. They make what the market demands. Strippers live on tips. The customers decide what the...

Not like I don't enjoy seeing naked women dance around. I just don't feel like it's worth half the money they get. It's all glorified prostitution.

Instead of preaching that strippers make too much you should be talking about everyone else who makes too little.
The highest paid people in this country produce nothing of any real value. Bankers, CEOs, insurance companies and Wall St. are useless to the society they bleed dry. The piece of dogshit from Wells Fargo got a $120 million parachute for bilking his customers and that low life Shkreli (?), the pharma leech, should be in jail.
If you think stripping is easy go for it.

When there are people who get a lot of money from things they don't produce there are people who produce a lot of things for money they don't get.

@urwutuis Instead of preaching that strippers make too much you should be talking about everyone else who makes too little. ...

Those CEO's, bankers, or whatever actually serve a purpose in society. They legitimately earn their money.
I guess you can say strippers "earn" their money as well but they don't use half of the brain power and motivation to get a useful job in society. It's just a scapegoat to live a life without actually putting in the struggle.

They get paid what they market is prepared to pay. I noticed that you didn't mention the men that do both those jobs and consistently earn a lot less than the women doing it.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Disagree +1Reply

Out of all the ways you want to make a living. You want to be naked and be a dick tease. Sports players get paid too much but they put in a lot of work to make it in the big time. That has a little more substance and meaning don't you think? Stripping is just a fuckin easy way out. All these billionares and sports players have put in a tremendous amount of work. You dont just make a lot of money without putting in all the work. Stripping you're naked and dancing. Bullshit

@CiscoKarpe Out of all the ways you want to make a living. You want to be naked and be a dick tease. Sports players get paid...

Sometimes I think people are allergic to hard work...Just saying.

I might have a shitty job & a boss from hell but at least I worked hard for my money

Oh well grab the torches & pitch forks

I totally agree with you. It's a damn shame when the people who put the lives on the line to keep us safe & well such as nurses, police officers, & fire fighters are paid less & deserve a hell of a lot more than strippers and porn stars. It's also a damn shame when those that but their lives on the line so we can have our freedom make less than strippers & porn stars.I feel that celebrities and sports stars are overpaid as well.

There is nothing to take pride in, if you strip you are throwing your self respect and dignity out the window just to earn your own pay.
Out of all job choices you get stripping is by far the easiest with low pressure.
You put yourself in that situation knowingly that you're gonna be dealing with a bunch of creepy money waving imbeciles.
There are people who work several jobs to support their family and get not even as half as much money as a naked whore does flashing her tits to horny men.

Way easier than getting a minimum wage job where you have to work so hard trying to move up in your position and get a raise.